• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I left a 2 week gig off my CV. Now I'm being asked for Bank Statements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    Vetting companies also use business bank statements to see if you worked for the companies you said you worked for. I was once asked for them and initially refused, but then sent them when they said they would fail the screening. They actually only wanted to see I was at the current gig as their rules wouldn't let them contact the client directly. Payments from the client were sufficient proof. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
    Most contractors work for agencies and sometimes these stick payroll companies in between them, so the business bank account transactions can't always prove who clients are.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Win View Post
      I've been asked to submit bank statements covering gaps in 'employment.'
      Easy. You're a contractor, you don't have any gaps in "employment". You've been gainfully "employed" by your Ltd. the whole time. Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Most contractors work for agencies and sometimes these stick payroll companies in between them, so the business bank account transactions can't always prove who clients are.
        True but it can be easily explained, "I worked for Barclays but was paid by Bodget & Scarper" whereas "I worked for NASA" with no payments from anyone. I'm not saying it's a good method - full of holes around different clients having different payment terms etc but the vetting companies I've been through are just ticking boxes and they don't often think outside any of them.

Comment

Working...
        X