• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have I been stitched up or is it time to hang up the keyboard?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Sometimes the best ones......complete chaos, total panic, no one knows what to do, hard deadline approaching....... ah the scent of much contracting opportunity .

Currently back for a second time, at such a client, now, was here 3.5 years the last time and all off "one flaming telephone interview"
    That's the spirit

Comment

6 weeks in & project has been canned.

Client tells me they're very happy with the work I've done but unfortunately the remaining budget has been syphoned off elsewhere & the project will be shelved until the new financial year.

1 week's notice has been served.

Feck
      Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 14 January 2017, 15:31.

Comment

Bummer
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

Client tells me they're very happy with the work I've done but unfortunately the remaining budget has been syphoned off elsewhere & the project will be shelved until the new financial year.

Feck
          Sorry to hear that - dust yourself down and look for your next role

Comment

Unlucky. Get looking, onwards and upwards

Comment

Feck

Chin up, get looking. I keep being told that the market is good. Keep in contact with your old gig - you may be lucky and get a 3-monther and then jump back to it.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Feck
                I got 8 weeks in and told the same thing quite recently, with the client attempting to blame Brexit uncertainty for the decision to cancel the project.

They said they would find me stuff to do for the remaining weeks on the contract but I told them (probably totally naively) that once I'd shelved any remaining work and handed everything over to a permie I'd leave - took me just long enough for the pubs to open and I walked out.

Nature of the beast I think and you just have to move on and put it down (once again) to experience. Good luck finding something else

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
                  I got 8 weeks in and told the same thing quite recently, with the client attempting to blame Brexit uncertainty for the decision to cancel the project.

They said they would find me stuff to do for the remaining weeks on the contract but I told them (probably totally naively) that once I'd shelved any remaining work and handed everything over to a permie I'd leave - took me just long enough for the pubs to open and I walked out.

Nature of the beast I think and you just have to move on and put it down (once again) to experience. Good luck finding something else
                  I wouldn't have said that's naivety. Finding you other work stuffs your IR35 status so you did exactly the right thing IMO.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I wouldn't have said that's naivety. Finding you other work stuffs your IR35 status so you did exactly the right thing IMO.
                    I thought so but I'm still going to wear that reply as a badge of honour

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
                      I thought so but I'm still going to wear that reply as a badge of honour
                      I'll have you next time
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X