• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client wants to relax invoice frequency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why don't you just don't properly and do a monthly invoice that matches a signed tinesheet and bobs your uncle. Sounds like a right bloody mess.

How big is the company and how sure are you they are going to pay.

There is another thread mentioning weekly pay and Elliegirl is all giddy and happy about it. I just don't get it. As long as you are happy with the exposure to the agent who cares when you get paid?
    This +1. Happiness and confidence is key.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Why don't you just don't properly and do a monthly invoice that matches a signed tinesheet and bobs your uncle. Sounds like a right bloody mess.

How big is the company and how sure are you they are going to pay.

There is another thread mentioning weekly pay and Elliegirl is all giddy and happy about it. I just don't get it. As long as you are happy with the exposure to the agent who cares when you get paid?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Timesheet sounds like a good idea - assuming the director or someone suitable would sign it off weekly. If it's only getting signed off as often as you're invoicing, what's the point?

Leave a comment:

• TheBA
    started a topic Client wants to relax invoice frequency

Client wants to relax invoice frequency

I'm a few weeks into a direct contract and between myself, their HR guy and lawyer we agreed a contract which allowed for weekly invoices and 28 day payment terms, no timesheet.

Since starting I've confirmed they only do two payment runs a month(mid and end). Now the hiring director has said weekly is a pain as he travels a lot and invoices are processed in paper form - printed, signed, passed to procurement - and if he's honest he assumed invoices would be monthly.
    I'm inclined to accept the request, going to suggest twice monthly, as this is a could be a very good long term gig.
    I'm left to my own devices on a day to day basis, speak with the director on a weekly basis, but I'm wondering whether I need to protect myself by issuing a weekly timesheet for the director to approve.
    Would this timesheet hold any weight if there was an issue further down the road?
    If so, does the timesheet need to state anything specific or can I grab a relevant timesheet of the web?

Working...
X