• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it that bad or is he that bad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it that bad or is he that bad?

Just saw a guy at Canary Wharf shopping mall with placard that read "Business Analyst/Banker looking for a job. Please take a CV".

I just couldn't believe my eyes. Is the market that bad or is he that bad (no offence intended)?

I managed to hand out over 7 CVs
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

There have been a couple of these guys that hit the papers and got top jobs. It's not bad, he's just chancing his arm at a publicity stunt and his 15 mins of fame.

Can't find the one I have in mind but like this.

Adam Pacitti who spent last £500 on billboard begging for job spends first pay packet on another to say thanks | Daily Mail Online
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Could be a stunt but if you were looking for a BA/Banker you would think this guy smacked of desperation and probably isn't very good at his job or at least at negotiating/CVs/interviewing/communicating... i.e. you would have no reason to want to hire the guy.

You could try the same technique perhaps: stand outside at the Wharf or City with a large placard that says "IT contractor looking for work. Will work for £500/day. 2 days WFH minimum. Must be outside of IR35 and allow time for posting on CUK."

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Could be a stunt but if you were looking for a BA/Banker you would think this guy smacked of desperation and probably isn't very good at his job or at least at negotiating/CVs/interviewing/communicating... i.e. you would have no reason to want to hire the guy.

You could try the same technique perhaps: stand outside at the Wharf or City with a large placard that says "IT contractor looking for work. Will work for £500/day. 2 days WFH minimum. Must be outside of IR35 and allow time for posting on CUK."
          £500/day?? Should be at least £550 + 2 days WFH minimum. I can manage IR35.

Comment

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Finally managed to track down suity i see!

Comment

Originally posted by chimpmaster View Post
                could be a stunt but if you were looking for a ba/banker you would think this guy smacked of desperation and probably isn't very good at his job or at least at negotiating/cvs/interviewing/communicating... I.e. You would have no reason to want to hire the guy.

you could try the same technique perhaps: stand outside at the wharf or city with a large placard that says "it contractor looking for work. Will work for £500/day. 2 days wfh minimum. Must be outside of ir35 and allow time for posting on cuk."

[ kpmg contractor seeking xmas job ]

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  I really would to think that this guy is really good but became lethargic thinking that he is too good, spent all his money and now desperately seeking job to feed his family & pay his mortgage, and finally got one today (happy ending).

Comment

There isn't a lack of banking BA roles in the wharf, so I'd find this very odd.

I remember after 2008 a few grads did this, but not professionals.

Comment

Working...
                    X