• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by l35kee View Post
    Had a large number of indian IT workers where I used to work. The low level workers were nice enough, honestlyu just tryuing to get by more than anything else. Felt sorry for them as many had to leave family behind and houseshare in small apartments for months on end.
    As soon as someone is in UK its very easy to jump ship and start contracting . There are some one man companies , who sponsor their spouse's work visa for some made up fake work of software testing and then as the dependent visa holder they can start contracting. I hope home office cracks down on these companies.
    Last edited by Andy2; 8 April 2018, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You need to learn to put the phone down when they introduce themselves.

Don't give them any information as it doesn't help you or any other contractor in the UK to be under cut.

Also block their number on your mobile.
      Only just seen this but agreed. I have quite a long list of blocked numbers now. It is frustrating being called by someone that can barely speak English. Even when I cut them off they send a job description as they cannot call anymore.

Comment

I have numerous calls from Indian companies who operate in the UK. There rate is normally very low and even if I am not in a contract I would NOT touch these guys with a barge pole.

Comment

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post
          I have numerous calls from Indian companies who operate in the UK. There rate is normally very low and even if I am not in a contract I would NOT touch these guys with a barge pole.
          I keep telling them Im retired but the beggars keep phoning me and asking if im looking! Sheesh.

Comment

Anyone heard of Cubestech? They kind of sound like another Indian agency, but somehow seem to be slightly different. They want my CV, but I am doubting very much, website looks very amateurish

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Anyone heard of Cubestech? They kind of sound like another Indian agency, but somehow seem to be slightly different. They want my CV, but I am doubting very much, website looks very amateurish
              They are based in Feltham according to Google.

They only have one UK based recruitment member while one is based in India and the other 3, who are nameless, are based in different places in the US.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Anyone dealt with Silver Link? I kept cutting the guy off and he kept calling from different 0208 numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  Anyone dealt with Silver Link? I kept cutting the guy off and he kept calling from different 0208 numbers!
                  I think I swore at people from a company of as similar name in the past and told them to quit harassing me.

I now get phoned up by companies of a different name who I block.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I keep telling them Ive retired but they still keep calling me!

Comment

I think there is a list posted in this thread about these type of companies
                      and yes they are in the list.

Comment

Working...
                      X