+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Posts 111 to 118 of 118

Should post faster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why are Indians obsessed with number of years of experienced in x tech?

Double Godlike!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    I think you're missing the kicker - they want to bring a benched Wipro bod over from India, not a generic Indian contractor. They're paying Ranjeev a wage and need him to start earning it.
    Absolutely this.

Pay them sod all, charge 'em out at £600PD, often last a variable of a few weeks/months before being booted out, rinse and repeat.

I live on CUK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    Why are Indians obsessed with number of years of experienced in x tech?
    That's the way they sell people.
    "Youíre just a bad memory who doesnít know when to go away" JR

Banned

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Smartedge solutions
    First calling me from
    020 35002108 - blocked number after first call
    2 days later from 020 35002130 - blocked after first call which I foolishly answered, but hung up after I heard the word smartedge
    again a day later from 020 35002129 - blocked after rejecting first call
    Frantically emailing me as well that Tech Mahindra have shortlisted me for an interview (never ever gave them permission to represent me and certainly not at Tech Mahindra) - blocked their email domain now as well

Hope they get the message

Annoyingly they can still leave VMs
    As they go straight to VM sometimes they don't notice and leave a long empty message, I can clearly hear people speak in an Indian language in the background more proof they are not calling from the UK

More time posting than coding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Smartedge solutions
    First calling me from
    020 35002108 - blocked number after first call
    2 days later from 020 35002130 - blocked after first call which I foolishly answered, but hung up after I heard the word smartedge
    again a day later from 020 35002129 - blocked after rejecting first call
    Frantically emailing me as well that Tech Mahindra have shortlisted me for an interview (never ever gave them permission to represent me and certainly not at Tech Mahindra) - blocked their email domain now as well

Hope they get the message

Annoyingly they can still leave VMs
    As they go straight to VM sometimes they don't notice and leave a long empty message, I can clearly hear people speak in an Indian language in the background more proof they are not calling from the UK
    @Eirkur Good on you. I also blocked a serious of domains earlier in the year. Created a Contact called ZZZZ JUNK, which is blocked and add phone numbers to it periodically. Unfortunately, bugs in iOS means sometimes they get through.

BTW: What is your main skillset? C# Developer? Agile Project Manager? When I had these calls it was for the HM Passport Office in Croydon, so I already knew it was rubbish and public sector, and the contract rate was unacceptable for London (off-payroll rules hadn't yet come into affect). I am only interested to know what are they chasing for now, I am a contractor too working a contract.

Still gathering requirements...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    There is no UK work visa currently that allows a non-EU national to contract either via Ltd or brolly, has to be PAYE only. That can be obvs. via a large consultancy under full control of them but I somehow doubt the cost of work permit processing, RMLT, COS admin, SMS admin etc is worth it for a 3/6 months gig. If it happened the consultancy would have to bench the guy at their own cost for the rest of the term of the WP.

Nice conspiracy theory but a non-starter.
    Ah, but there's a "workaround". What happens is that a UK permanent resident incorporates a "micro-umbrella" that pays the minimum salary required to sponsor a Tier-whatever applicant. The "employee" is then required to seek contract work through the usual channels on behalf of the "micro-umbrella" in order to repay the salary and other costs.

Whatever is left over is divided between the "employee" and the "umbrella". The UK permanent resident typically keeps about 30% of the day rate, and it is not atypical for such "umbrellas" to have half a dozen "employees" on the books.

More time posting than coding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

testqtech.com is another one....8 emails from them for the same poorly paid role in 2-3 days.

Adding to blacklist now.

GE

Double Godlike!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer View Post
    Ah, but there's a "workaround". What happens is that a UK permanent resident incorporates a "micro-umbrella" that pays the minimum salary required to sponsor a Tier-whatever applicant. The "employee" is then required to seek contract work through the usual channels on behalf of the "micro-umbrella" in order to repay the salary and other costs.

Whatever is left over is divided between the "employee" and the "umbrella". The UK permanent resident typically keeps about 30% of the day rate, and it is not atypical for such "umbrellas" to have half a dozen "employees" on the books.
    If you read the right fora and are itk youíd understand UKVI are on to this and spot them pretty quickly.

Plus the costs of becoming a licenced sponsor nowadays arenít trivial

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12