• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IL Cattivo
    replied
    Yep, got contacted by a consultant from Tech Mahindra a little while back.. Utter shambles of a telephone conversation!

Proceed with the upmost caution. Better still, introduce them to your mate Tone... Ring Tone

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    Sad for your mate, he should have walked.
    Don't be, he had them over a barrel, they paid him and are paying him the previously agreed rate as we speak.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    It looks like they are intensifying, the last few weeks I got calls on an almost daily basis from new ones I have never heard of before, as soon as I do get a call from them, I block their numbers, but they still get through to voicemail. They always send an email at the same time, no matter which agency, always the same email as the OP posted. Which makes me think they are all part of the same scamming organistaion.

(Don't get fooled by their emails and calls, whatever it says, they are not based in the UK, they all call from boiler rooms in India)

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    interesting stuff...
    Actually, I may have to backtrack.

Just had a conversation with a colleague who was hired by Truck Mahindra for a role with BT in Watford.

He was 4 weeks into a 6 monther when he was shown the door. He swears he was only brought in as a stop gap until they found an Indian replacement.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    That's note what I fecking agreed with [Irish Leprechaun emoticon required]. It is like agreeing £450 per day for 6 months in central London, then the next Tuesday, sorry we reduce to £400 per day. Oh yes. The monthly and yearly ticket rail fares for Southern, Midland trains are going up by 3% on January 2017. I don't see the Oystercard either coming down in price either. Sad for your mate, he should have walked.
    The way I read it was that he sympathised but told them to fluff off...

Leave a comment:

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Exactly, working directly with these sort of clowns is asking for trouble, rates are usually tulip with it.
    Recently, a mate was contacted direct about a role, everything, rate and duration etc, all agreed. He was told he would have to go through a very large Indian out sourcer, he reluctantly agreed.
    A day later they were then on the blower bleating about times been hard and could he reduce his rate by £50 PD.

He agreed and sympathised with them that, Yes times were very hard, but they could feck right off in any case
    That's note what I fecking agreed with [Irish Leprechaun emoticon required]. It is like agreeing £450 per day for 6 months in central London, then the next Tuesday, sorry we reduce to £400 per day. Oh yes. The monthly and yearly ticket rail fares for Southern, Midland trains are going up by 3% on January 2017. I don't see the Oystercard either coming down in price either. Sad for your mate, he should have walked.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Exactly, working directly with these sort of clowns is asking for trouble, rates are usually tulip with it.
    Recently, a mate was contacted direct about a role, everything, rate and duration etc, all agreed. He was told he would have to go through a very large Indian out sourcer, he reluctantly agreed.
    A day later they were then on the blower bleating about times been hard and could he reduce his rate by £50 PD.

He agreed and sympathised with them that, Yes times were very hard, but they could feck right off in any case
    Someone tried that with me before this contract.

Yes times may be hard but I've got 3 other offers and I'm happy to take one of the others.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Hopefully but why take the risk if other agencies have the same role...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    You think the guys working with the end client isn't well-spoken and credible then? We are treated as cannon fodder, nobody is wasting expertise or money on getting us hired in so we get the cheapest possible drone to deal with our end. The real good people are up at the sharp end winning the business.
    Hopefully but why take the risk if other agencies have the same role...

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    And I also think that as a contractor they are representing you as a business to the client.
    Each to their own. I don't want an agency representing to me or a client with broken English.
    So it is your own reputational risk to think of.
    You think the guys working with the end client isn't well-spoken and credible then? We are treated as cannon fodder, nobody is wasting expertise or money on getting us hired in so we get the cheapest possible drone to deal with our end. The real good people are up at the sharp end winning the business.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X