• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stek
    replied
    Just thought I'd throw this in re: Indians in general. Early days at work, limited access etc, had this Indian guy message me could I edit a Tomcat file for him since he didn't have root, so I did cos there's fook all else to do ATM, he was well impressed.

Thanked me for 'Doing a solid for him'...

Never heard that one but it's going on the list.....

Leave a comment:

• Milkyway
    replied
    Brace yourselves with more of these stories to come, as we go into invoking article 50 / BREXIT and seek to do new business with non-eu countires and returning them favours.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    Add to the list

+44-2037697195 / TGC World Limited /www.tgcworld.com but operating from Wembley.
    No the registered address is some dodgy accountant/solicitor/whatever above a shop in Wembley but they are operating from India.

Leave a comment:

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Worse thing is some legit business is going to get one of their discarded numbers in a year and find their number is on a spammers list.
    Add to the list

+44-2037697195 / TGC World Limited /www.tgcworld.com but operating from Wembley.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    The indian recruitment consultancies are the ones who are decreasing the rates.

I had a phone call from one of them and offered me €250/day (the worse example).

I was like "Sorry how much!?"

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    Agree, if the end client is prepared to accept broken English then I also have the problem of being interviewed in broken English.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    They do. today another 3 calls, they seem to have a large supply of numbers
    Worse thing is some legit business is going to get one of their discarded numbers in a year and find their number is on a spammers list.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    I had one ring me about a very well paid contract in Munich. Sounded good but at the end she casually asked me if I could speak fluent German!

Might have saved a lot of time all round if she asked that to start with.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You can block but they will find you.....
    They do. today another 3 calls, they seem to have a large supply of numbers

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    They have become a real pest over the last couple of days. Now also calling from what look like Birmingham numbers, also on the bankholiday (more proof they are actually calling from India else they would have known it was a bankholiday)

Some examples from the last couple of days including bankholiday Monday
    Smartedge (3 different callers/emailers about the same role)
    Aguila same role as above
    L&G same role as above

I now hang up immediately if I hear a strong Indian accent The blocked number list keeps growing and growing
    You can block but they will find you.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X