• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Sounds familiar.
    Hope you stuck to your guns.

They are killing time until a suitable internal resource becomes available.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Normie View Post
    Yes - even though they are on a fixed margin! I talked to the client hiring manager, told him what I wanted as a day rate and all was well - until TechM got involved. However, rate and hours are now agreed - just a struggle to get a contract out of them.
    Sounds familiar.
    Hope you stuck to your guns.

Probably will be searching high and low to do it cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• Normie
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Have they tried to reduce the agreed rate yet?
    Yes - even though they are on a fixed margin! I talked to the client hiring manager, told him what I wanted as a day rate and all was well - until TechM got involved. However, rate and hours are now agreed - just a struggle to get a contract out of them.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I'm currently trying to arrange a contract with a previous client. They want me to go through Tech Mahindra for the contract. However, it is proving very hard to get "onboarded" - the latest snag is that they want MyCo to contract via a Swiss payroll company. Going round in circles. However, I have at long last received my very first "please do the needful" in an email!
    Have they tried to reduce the agreed rate yet?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    I'm currently trying to arrange a contract with a previous client. They want me to go through Tech Mahindra for the contract. However, it is proving very hard to get "onboarded" - the latest snag is that they want MyCo to contract via a Swiss payroll company. Going round in circles. However, I have at long last received my very first "please do the needful" in an email!
    Search on tech Mahindra on this forum and you will understand you should never ever under no any circumstances work for them
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 27 January 2017, 16:08. Reason: FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Normie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    Add Plan-Net to the list. Managed IT Support Services| IT Consultancy London | IT Solutions - Plan-Net

They wherever possible use imported indian IT staff on very low rates yet charge the end client the sky high rates you or I would have got a few years ago!

Leave a comment:

• en184
    replied
    Did they get paid in the end? Those are quite some allegations

Originally posted by Yonmons View Post
    Did 18 months on a mail migration team working for a bank via HCL, bunch of cowboys. There were about 12 of us on the team, half would be paid, half not, lies untruths when asked why we hadn't been paid "the man that signs the authorisation is on holiday" I don't think they realised we all worked in one room. They subbed out a lot of work to Blackapple (I renamed Badapple) and some other cowboy Indian outfit whose name escapes me now. Ended up HCL got the order of the boot from the bank I worked for, and we had to go over to another agency en masse or walk. I still get calls from them in pidgeon English asking for updating company provided detailings ? They all work out of india despite coming through on UK numbers.

Leave a comment:

• en184
    replied
    Avance - AVOID

Over a few weeks in negotiation with "Avance" for a role in Austria with HCL....

Eventually an offer came through..for 580 per day...contract signed and returned..

Due to start Monday (in 3 days).agency never returned the signed contract...then Text to stay the start date was agreed in the contract was not certain..and not to make any travel plans..refused to give me the name of the end client

I said..that's fine..I will keep working where I am..

They suddenly went silent....

BEWARE..THEY ARE NOT TRUSTWORTHY.

Leave a comment:

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew1201 View Post
    Me too, three times today, within minutes of each other, all with voicemails, each time a different agent from within Avance, all asking me about the same role. Role is with a consultancy in a big insurer, Horsham based, which has to be RSA, therefore the consultancy they are recruiting for I guess is Accenture. All broken English and very poorly represented in my opinion.
    Another company to add:

IBU Consulting Ltd, UK -- reportedly in Harrow

The standard form of the email request:

++ short job description ++

++ (background highlight: yellow) Please share the following details to consider your interest for this role. ++

Full Name:
    Nationality:
    Visa Details (If Applicable):
    Contact No:
    Email:
    Current Company:
    Current role (Permanent or Contract):
    Notice Period:
    Current Rate/Salary:
    Expected Rate/Salary:
    Total Experience:
    Joining time after selection:
    Current Location:

++ Looking forward to hearing from you soon. ++

I suppose you can also supply them with your tax number, UTR your mother's maiden name, and name of your first primary school.

Whatever.
    Last edited by rocktronAMP; 24 November 2016, 16:25. Reason: context

Leave a comment:

Working...
X