• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Another one to add to the list Winborough Technologies Limited
    Also based in Harrow like most others
    Had a great offer for me at £200 per day
    No point knowing the name as they will disappear in a year and come back as something else.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Another one to add to the list Winborough Technologies Limited
    Also based in Harrow like most others
    Had a great offer for me at £200 per day

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    A lot of the back office jobs in London are going rapidly though. I worked at one inv bank which went from 600 to 200 back office staff in London in a few weeks once their Citrix & VMware projects were complete then another 170 jobs went to Indians in India!
    I'm aware of what's going on in investment banking - it's more that they're offshoring rather than "northshoring". The prices are going up and the value for money is coming down rapidly from what I'm seeing.

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I was talking more about using contract staff. For every 100 you spend in London, you only need to spend 60 up north. That's just staff; office space is far cheaper too. Obviously you'll need a core of permies but given that many back office functions in London are contractor-heavy, there's no reason to change that model for Liverpool, Warrington, Manchester, Leeds, etc.
    A lot of the back office jobs in London are going rapidly though. I worked at one inv bank which went from 600 to 200 back office staff in London in a few weeks once their Citrix & VMware projects were complete then another 170 jobs went to Indians in India!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I was talking more about using contract staff. For every 100 you spend in London, you only need to spend 60 up north. That's just staff; office space is far cheaper too. Obviously you'll need a core of permies but given that many back office functions in London are contractor-heavy, there's no reason to change that model for Liverpool, Warrington, Manchester, Leeds, etc.
    Even cheaper if you make everyone work at home or preferably off-shore....

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    We are still too expensive.

Plus we are insufficiency educated and have employment rights plus H&S rights.

I remember the first piece of work I did to help a bid for an employer. Among the documentation was a chart that listed employee, H&S and redundancy rights per country.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Brexit should make the Indians happy, then. Gives less sway to the Eastern Europeans. Still can't believe we're not following the US model off onshoring to cheaper parts of the UK more. Banks would save a fortune having their back office functions along the M62 corridor, just like New York uses the Carolinas.
    We are still too expensive.

Plus we are insufficiency educated and have employment rights plus H&S rights.

I remember the first piece of work I did to help a bid for an employer. Among the documentation was a chart that listed employee, H&S and redundancy rights per country.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They are into both.
    Brexit should make the Indians happy, then. Gives less sway to the Eastern Europeans. Still can't believe we're not following the US model off onshoring to cheaper parts of the UK more. Banks would save a fortune having their back office functions along the M62 corridor, just like New York uses the Carolinas.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    How do you mean? I thought the Romanians were more into pickpocketing than IT?
    They are into both.

Leave a comment:

• Nayab
    replied
    And washing cars

Leave a comment:

Working...
X