• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m0n1k3r
    replied
    Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    Some even though I blocked the phone number on my iPhone, they still get through on Do Not Disturb or pass the Block number.
    They have social engineered your iPhone!

Leave a comment:

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Pyrrhula View Post
    Thanks for the warnings, I accidentally submitted a CV to Avance this week.

They called back and the conversation took twice as long as it should have as I had to ask for each sentence to be repeated, the rate was about £75-£100pd lower than it should've been for the role and the agent asked me to add a specific keyword into every role on my CV within and hour so that she could "secure an interview with TCS".

I am approaching contract end and most likely some bench time but even with that in mind I couldn't take the application forward, it felt a bit dodgy.
    Here is my current Gmail label and filter search setting

FROM matches
    "adroitpeople.com OR avanceservices.uk OR avanceservices.co.uk OR brightpurple.com OR damcosoft.com OR ibuconsulting.com OR infoplusltd.co.uk OR mpower-plus.co OR silverlinktechnologies.com OR smartedgesolutions.co.uk OR ubique-systems.com OR tgcworld.com
    "

I pasted that into Label and Filtering search for the conversations and then I select (*) Archive mail message, (*) Mark as read and also (*) Move to folder/label e.g. "ZZZZIndianRec" or something similar. I also update the matching conversations.

Then I never see the blasted emails and I cursory have a look in there "ZZZIndianRec" folder and then bulk delete them from time to time.

I also notice that some companies are using international calls over Skype or partner offices. Some even though I blocked the phone number on my iPhone, they still get through on Do Not Disturb or pass the Block number. I have no idea on Android.
    Last edited by rocktronAMP; 3 March 2017, 17:33. Reason: Grammar and more instructions

Leave a comment:

• Pyrrhula
    replied
    Thanks for the warnings, I accidentally submitted a CV to Avance this week.

They called back and the conversation took twice as long as it should have as I had to ask for each sentence to be repeated, the rate was about £75-£100pd lower than it should've been for the role and the agent asked me to add a specific keyword into every role on my CV within and hour so that she could "secure an interview with TCS".

I am approaching contract end and most likely some bench time but even with that in mind I couldn't take the application forward, it felt a bit dodgy.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    ALL visas for foreign IT workers should be cancelled today as long as we have tens of thousands of highly qualified & experienced UK IT staff on the bench! Then rates would also recover to more realistic market rates not billy no mates rates!
    Doesn't work like that.

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
    After Brexit the Indians will be in the same queue for visas as seasonal fruit pickers which is now being done by East Europeans.I am hoping that the home office will get so bogged down that the Indians will give up.
    ALL visas for foreign IT workers should be cancelled today as long as we have tens of thousands of highly qualified & experienced UK IT staff on the bench! Then rates would also recover to more realistic market rates not billy no mates rates!

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Brexit should make the Indians happy, then. Gives less sway to the Eastern Europeans. Still can't believe we're not following the US model off onshoring to cheaper parts of the UK more. Banks would save a fortune having their back office functions along the M62 corridor, just like New York uses the Carolinas.
    After Brexit the Indians will be in the same queue for visas as seasonal fruit pickers which is now being done by East Europeans.I am hoping that the home office will get so bogged down that the Indians will give up.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    You going admit to falling for it. CV sent down!
    Hardly, I prefer to work for far richer pickings from the comfort of my own home

Leave a comment:

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    FTFY
    You going admit to falling for it. CV sent down!

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    mega bucks mate! in 4 days you can buy a high class german hooker!

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Another one to add to the list Winborough Technologies Limited
    Also based in Harrow like most others
    Had a great offer for me at £200 per day
    mega bucks mate! in 4 days you can buy a german pointer!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X