• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by Yonmons View Post
    Did 18 months on a mail migration team working for a bank via HCL, bunch of cowboys. There were about 12 of us on the team, half would be paid, half not, lies untruths when asked why we hadn't been paid "the man that signs the authorisation is on holiday" I don't think they realised we all worked in one room. They subbed out a lot of work to Blackapple (I renamed Badapple) and some other cowboy Indian outfit whose name escapes me now. Ended up HCL got the order of the boot from the bank I worked for, and we had to go over to another agency en masse or walk. I still get calls from them in pidgeon English asking for updating company provided detailings ? They all work out of india despite coming through on UK numbers.
    For the record it's "pidgin"

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    In the list above I doubt Square One is India based. A mate of mine has been working there for a decade as an accountant. Perhaps their call centre is based in India?

Also, Dabster in that list is a dodgy India based agency. They try all tactics to harvest your CV and you never hear back again. Avoid!!

Leave a comment:

• Harry2017
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

The other thing that really upsets me is the bullying, caste on caste racism, and so much more than the Indian workers brought in for these companies have to suffer.
    I've seen this too CoolCat! One of the guys I worked with when I was a perm was from a different caste than his 'Manager' (both brought in by one of the major consultancies Ac.......) yet wouldn't be given the opportunities because of his caste. I'd never heard of this at the time but wasn't impressed. That aside he was far more knowledgeable than his manager and despite me pushing for him to be given more opportunities was always blocked by their senior management team for various reasons. On the plus side I heard recently that he's excelling. His 'manager' meanwhile is now back offshore causing chaos and confusion wherever he goes.

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    yea well Cognizant, Tata, Infosys, HCL are all regularly bringing plane loads of Indian nationals in to work, they get taxed less than locals, get subcontracted into other organisations for less than it costs to hire a local, and come in despite there being an oversupply of Brits with the relevant skills (when they bother to be honest about their skills). its big business and the leaders of these organisations were in Davos chatting to our supposed leaders and getting commitments to ongoing open doors.

The political class *think* they have done a deal with India where we can sell them financial services, and they can import lots of cheap workers, ie IT workers being sacrificed in the name of selling pensions and insurance in India. Problem being of course that India is very patriotic and nobody there is prepared to buy financial products from a UK firm.

And so much more. Yes it needs stopping. But no I have given up hope of our political class doing anything.
    I know its been going on for years & getting worse & way more blatant! Big vote winner as well if we had a single politician who either cared or was prepared to stop this blatant abuse. In US they stamp this out very fast when it suits them (lots of locals unemployed) as the tax take drops. Here in UK they appear to be encouraging it no wonder rates are nose diving across the board!!

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    I think its high time these agencies are either punted out of operating in the UK or highly regulated as the level of extreme abuse is getting to be a joke now. HMRC get way more tax from UK born IT contractors than indian workers being exploited by these agencies no wonder HMRC tax take is dropping rapidly!!
    yea well Cognizant, Tata, Infosys, HCL are all regularly bringing plane loads of Indian nationals in to work, they get taxed less than locals, get subcontracted into other organisations for less than it costs to hire a local, and come in despite there being an oversupply of Brits with the relevant skills (when they bother to be honest about their skills). its big business and the leaders of these organisations were in Davos chatting to our supposed leaders and getting commitments to ongoing open doors.

The political class *think* they have done a deal with India where we can sell them financial services, and they can import lots of cheap workers, ie IT workers being sacrificed in the name of selling pensions and insurance in India. Problem being of course that India is very patriotic and nobody there is prepared to buy financial products from a UK firm.

And so much more. Yes it needs stopping. But no I have given up hope of our political class doing anything.

The other thing that really upsets me is the bullying, caste on caste racism, and so much more than the Indian workers brought in for these companies have to suffer.

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    I think its high time these agencies are either punted out of operating in the UK or highly regulated as the level of extreme abuse is getting to be a joke now. HMRC get way more tax from UK born IT contractors than indian workers being exploited by these agencies no wonder HMRC tax take is dropping rapidly!!

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Half the time they only want your CV so that they can copy it, put one of their intra company transfer workers name at the top instead of yours, and punt it into a few companies

Then if they get found out they ring and try and hire you, when the plan will be you not only do the day job but train up your Indian replacement at the same time

Their basic business model is the same as the people who owned slave transport ships, so be careful

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Just got on from iXceed Solutions, apparently if im not interested in the totally unsuitable role they are ‘offering’ i have to reply with ‘Consent Denied’

Its the standard Indian Agency ‘job offer’ template email..

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    A few more added to the bottom of the list

First Tek Inc. (US company)
    Test Yantra Software solutions
    Infoplus Technologies UK Ltd
    Staffing Prime
    Smartedge Solutions Ltd
    TESTQ Technologies Ltd
    Dabster Systems UK Limited
    TGC World (claims to have at least 60 multinational clients!)
    Square One Resources (not sure about)
    NP Tech Solutions Limited
    Data Inc UK
    Aguilaconsulting
    avance services
    DNS recruitment
    LG recruit
    m-power plus
    damcosoft
    black apple solutions

Leave a comment:

• Manic
    replied
    Originally posted by Petruh View Post

<snip>

Someone on this stream was building a list of Indian agencies (all have British addresses, but most of the calls come from India), so this is my own contribution to this list

First Tek Inc. (US company)
    Test Yantra Software solutions
    Infoplus Technologies UK Ltd
    Staffing Prime
    Smartedge Solutions Ltd
    TESTQ Technologies Ltd
    Dabster Systems UK Limited
    TGC World (claims to have at least 60 multinational clients!)
    Square One Resources (not sure about)
    NP Tech Solutions Limited
    Data Inc UK

I think that is enough for now.....
    Aguilaconsulting.co.uk

Add this one too.

There was a role released in Slough last week and must have had 5 calls within 15 minutes, along with an email from each at the same time with the usual "how many years experience...."

By the 3rd I was plain rude, by the 5th I just hung up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X