• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ruasonid
    replied
    Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    Around 50% perhaps slightly higher they do not pass most of the rate onto the actual contractor or whatever you want to name the resource as they are not really contractors more like tax & national insurance avoidance disguised employees on FTC's!!
    Some years ago I handed over to an Indian contractor coming in for an Indian company in Asia. I know the supplier had undercut my suppliers margin to get the deal. The lucky contractor was suspicious about his rate and asked me what I had been paid. His rate was less than one third of the billed rate.

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisHadfield View Post
    What is the margin these Indian companies like InfoSys make when placing contractors?
    Around 50% perhaps slightly higher they do not pass most of the rate onto the actual contractor or whatever you want to name the resource as they are not really contractors more like tax & national insurance avoidance disguised employees on FTC's!!

Leave a comment:

• ruasonid
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    ... if they are gaming the system.
    Sir must be mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• Surrey Contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Much like being asked to meet an agent in person, nothing ever seems to come of these interactions. You start to filter them out after having given the benefit of the doubt too many times.
    Exactly my experience. Think I've sent my CV to similar recruiters like this probably about 20 times over past 2-3 years and not once had an interview. Won't be wasting my time with them further the next time they come calling.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Much like being asked to meet an agent in person, nothing ever seems to come of these interactions. You start to filter them out after having given the benefit of the doubt too many times.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
    A newer Indian Shell, this one is owned out of New Jersey and Bangalore: HyreU-UK Limited.

Cash in bank: £92k. That cash pile would not even cover NLUK's monthly invoice.

What's the end-game here? The big Indian outsourcers continuing to use these shell companies to keep the Tier 2 Visas flowing until someone at the Home Office reads this thread and does an investigation ?
    I had 5 of these so called agencies call me about the same role in September. Some aren't on the list above.
    All UK phone numbers, all Indian sounding agents, most with poor quality lines, sounded like they were reading from a script and not well spoken English. Checked all of them out and they have offices in UK and India.
    Client was Hexaware, Indian global consultancy.
    Given my CV was such a perfect match I received no calls from any of the usual domestic agencies.
    It was like CV keyword bingo and I'd won. My CV was put forward at a negotiated rate, but no interview was ever offered. Didn't smell right at all. Whats the point of even applying via these guys if you can't ever win?

Could this have been a Resident Labour Market Test? Is there any way to find out next time I get one of these calls? I'd certainly like to raise a flag if they are gaming the system.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisHadfield View Post
    What is the margin these Indian companies like InfoSys make when placing contractors?
    Dunno. Why do you want to know?

Leave a comment:

• ChrisHadfield
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
    What's the end-game here? The big Indian outsourcers continuing to use these shell companies to keep the Tier 2 Visas flowing until someone at the Home Office reads this thread and goes off sick for sixth months with “stress” ?
    FTFY

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Update:

First Tek Inc.
    Test Yantra Software solutions
    Infoplus Technologies UK Ltd
    Staffing Prime
    Smartedge Solutions Ltd
    TESTQ Technologies Ltd
    Dabster Systems UK Limited
    TGC World
    NP Tech Solutions Limited
    Data Inc UK
    Aguila consulting
    avance services
    DNS recruitment
    LG recruit
    m-power plus
    damcosoft
    black apple solutions
    IxCeed
    Cubestech
    SilverLink
    SidTech
    Nityo also known as Nityo Infotech
    A newer Indian Shell, this one is owned out of New Jersey and Bangalore: HyreU-UK Limited.

Cash in bank: £92k. That cash pile would not even cover NLUK's monthly invoice.

What's the end-game here? The big Indian outsourcers continuing to use these shell companies to keep the Tier 2 Visas flowing until someone at the Home Office reads this thread and does an investigation ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X