• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    Advance consulting annoying me too with permie roles

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    TestYantra got in touch and wanted CV for Mphasis

I got a message back saying CV Reject - no reason.

Leave a comment:

• hungry_hog
    replied
    Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    avance services any good? or they taking big %?
    Will call from UK number but based in India
    Extremely pushy, will push to use you CV in their database (please send a conf email within 10 mins from your smartphone)
    Will not tell you name of client
    Awful rates (250 compared to 500 typical for my role)
    You will not hear back from them
    They will take your details and use them to fish for clients, then get one of their cheap resources for the role

Apart from that they're great!

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    It was like CV keyword bingo and I'd won. My CV was put forward at a negotiated rate, but no interview was ever offered. Didn't smell right at all. Whats the point of even applying via these guys if you can't ever win?

Could this have been a Resident Labour Market Test? Is there any way to find out next time I get one of these calls? I'd certainly like to raise a flag if they are gaming the system.
    Someones ears must have been burning. I posted this last Friday and then on Monday I received a call from LG recruit again about the same contract, same JD, but different agent on the phone.

Since they had no previous memory of me applying i decided to have a play. They allowed me to negotiate a rate at £75 above their clients upper end of budget (again). What gives?

They really wanted my CV i guess. Maybe the last guy that used it with his name at the top got sacked?
    Last edited by CheeseSlice; 29 November 2019, 08:28.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
    Would it be easier for persons that had a good experience with this type of recruiter to post their success stories?
    Such a thread would quickly sink to the bottom of the board

Leave a comment:

• ruasonid
    replied
    Would it be easier for persons that had a good experience with this type of recruiter to post their success stories?

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    they sent me a 12 page privacy doc to sign before even starting the process

SidTech

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    Just got a role from SidTech too, any feedback?

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    avance services any good? or they taking big %?

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    Can we have like a final master list on some gdoc somewhere?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X