• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perplexed
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    I try to when I can remember the agency name from the list.

I've encounered about 1/3 of them and they never result in any sort of gig, interview, lead or otherwise.
    They just spam your phone, your email, and try to appear to be based in localities or countries that they aren't actually in.
    They're pushy, impatient, love to haggle agressively and don't want to pay anywhere close to your true worth or the going market rate.
    There are many theories on here about what they really do with the information they glean, but whatever this is it doesn't seem to be for the purpose of finding 'you' a new contract.
    At a guess, data analysis of skills, contract / salary expectations so they can then advise clients to pay far below that as they can provide Indian skilled IT staff at a fraction of the cost of evil Brits...

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    Are you all actively ignoring these agencies?
    you will not go anywhere with these. You will be lucky to get an interview and if you do they will cancel and reschedule several times. Even if interview goes well with the client you will not hear back from them. Maybe its all a ruse to bring someone on tier 2 visa.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    I try to when I can remember the agency name from the list.

I've encounered about 1/3 of them and they never result in any sort of gig, interview, lead or otherwise.
    They just spam your phone, your email, and try to appear to be based in localities or countries that they aren't actually in.
    They're pushy, impatient, love to haggle agressively and don't want to pay anywhere close to your true worth or the going market rate.
    There are many theories on here about what they really do with the information they glean, but whatever this is it doesn't seem to be for the purpose of finding 'you' a new contract.

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    updated list:

Adroit People Ltd
    Aguila consulting
    Avance Consulting
    Axiom Software Solutions Limited
    Bluepace
    Code Convergence
    Cubestech
    Dabster Systems UK Limited
    Damcosoft
    Data Inc UK
    eTeam
    First Tek Inc.
    HyreU-UK Limited
    Infinity Quest
    Infoplus Technologies UK Ltd
    IxCeed
    JK Technosoft Ltd
    L & G recruitment
    M-Power plus
    Nityo Infotech
    NP Tech Solutions Limited
    OneSource (pretend to call from Belgium)
    Orbit resourcing
    Quantumworld
    Reliason
    SidTech
    SilverLink
    Smartedge Solutions Ltd
    Staffing Prime
    Test Yantra Software solutions
    TESTQ Technologies Ltd
    TGC World
    Ubique Systems UK Limited
    Winborough Technologies

Added Winborough Technologies and quantumworld

Leave a comment:

• shabak
    replied
    They also pretend to be from UK by having western names etc - and then during interview some dude on very low quality line is calling and asking u stuff with broken English There is no way they will get you any job at all - so talking to them is just waste of time (it takes at least 30 secs to hear what they want to say , so its 30 secs u wont ever recover from being lost...)

Leave a comment:

• perplexed
    replied
    "Hi, my name is XXX from a recruitment company..."

Think they are starting to realise we're onto them. He didn't like it when I pointed out I refuse to talk to someone unwilling to give me their company name.

Gig in Glasgow, btw.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Has anyone seen this before? VOIP with UK mobile number?

Indian lady from Bluepace called today from a UK mobile number. Line very faint. Left a voicemail and later an email too.

The voicemail gave her mobile number to call back on omitting the leading zero. Bit of a giveaway.

The email didn't have a phone number in the signature

Looked up her name on Google and its unique.
    She's a recruiter for a few organisations and location is Pune, India.
    On LinkedIn it is UK (obviously).
    Yes it is what all Indian recruitment agencies use. I contracted for a company that sells those numbers. You can choose a landline number from any UK town or city or a mobile number.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Has anyone seen this before? VOIP with UK mobile number?

Indian lady from Bluepace called today from a UK mobile number. Line very faint. Left a voicemail and later an email too.

The voicemail gave her mobile number to call back on omitting the leading zero. Bit of a giveaway.

The email didn't have a phone number in the signature

Looked up her name on Google and its unique.
    She's a recruiter for a few organisations and location is Pune, India.
    On LinkedIn it is UK (obviously).

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Another one

valuelabs

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    I guess that explains why the recruiters are trying to 'complete' on CVs that are a poor match for the role, but have rates that are within the desired range.
    If they're motivated and paid only for the number of CVs with lowball rates they can harvest, that would be one explanation for their pushy behaviour.

Compare this with real agency behaviour and motivations. They don't put anyone forward for the role if they don't have a reasonable chance of winning the gig. They will even put forward exceptional candidates at a higher rate to get the client to re-consider their budget. Good contractors with staying potential will continue to earn them a commission. A reliable supply of good candidates at interview will maintain the agency/client relationship.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X