• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by GreboUK View Post
    Just had a call from Hirexa offering a role for £371 inside IR35, when I said too low, £700 minimim they went off and called back saying yes we can offer that.

When it seems to good to be true, it is!
    They just want your cv to strip someone else's name on it. Or to find reasons why you are to expensive and for them to ship someone in.
    They are never going to offer that.

Leave a comment:

• GreboUK
    replied
    Just had a call from Hirexa offering a role for £371 inside IR35, when I said too low, £700 minimim they went off and called back saying yes we can offer that.

When it seems to good to be true, it is!

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Black apple Solutions Ltd

entertained the conversation until it reached to the rate part where I was told the rate is €315.
    And then hang up exactly as the five was coming out of her mouth.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    time to close the thread when it becomes 'Indian sounding agent rang me so it must be dodgy'????

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
    Add Sopra Steria to the list too.
    They are crap - but there are a French firm with various UK bits and pieces that they've bought over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Sopra Steria cant be a bob shell.. its listed on stock market in París.
    Indeed. They do a lot of SC work as well so that rules out Indian consultancies.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
    Sopra Steria cant be a bob shell.. its listed on stock market in París.

Leave a comment:

• Destiny2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LadyPenelope
    replied
    Today I have received 4 calls from Smartedge Solutions, spoofing various London numbers, followed up by 3 emails from differently-named individuals, and yet with identical email templates. All this about 5 mins after I uploaded my cv on Jobsite. I have accepted an offer, but the QDOS and client status determination process was taking so long I thought I'd better start a Plan B. Next stage of status determination has been completed now, so I hurriedly hid my profile.

All of this is a fecking nightmare when you are job hunting

True to form, the email has a list of questions as long as your arm.
    Last edited by LadyPenelope; 13 May 2021, 15:46.

Leave a comment:

• Proximo2
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyPenelope View Post

You have misinterpreted my post.

I meant that when I see a recruiter's (individual) name, that appears to be Indian, I immediately go and check out the company as I wonder if it's one of these, which makes me feel like I'm discriminating against a particular ethnicity. Whereas if it's not, I don't feel obliged to do this.
    In the end I found myself putting the phone down whenever I heard a strong Indian accent talking to me about "job opportunity".

It is a particularly callous thing to do and cannot be very pleasant for the person on the other end. However, they chose that job, it comes with the territory.

I wish this scheme just stopped existing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X