• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect View Post

I got hammered for suggesting India has a certain culture when it comes to hierarchy, saying yes all the time etc.

This post is fundamentally racist. OP said he doesnt' want to be represented by the Indians that contacted him because they don't look professional.... just because their English isn't good.

Other people claiming that Indians just say yes all of the time. Some guy smashed me for saying that, something to do with being 50 years old and he didn't recognise that behaviour amongst Indians.

Maybe you can only speak the uncomfortable truth if you're part of the 'in crowd' on this forum?
    Bollocks. Our Indian friends are perfectly capable of saying "No, you're wrong"; they've done it to me many times. You just have to understand the body language.

Failing to get your head around a different culture's mores and habits is not racist, making sweeping generalisations based on your own culture's equivalent is.

Leave a comment:

• ConsultingTechArchitect
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

That's a cultural thing. Our Indian friends are pathologically averse to saying "No"... Makes life difficult at times.
    I got hammered for suggesting India has a certain culture when it comes to hierarchy, saying yes all the time etc.

This post is fundamentally racist. OP said he doesnt' want to be represented by the Indians that contacted him because they don't look professional.... just because their English isn't good.

Other people claiming that Indians just say yes all of the time. Some guy smashed me for saying that, something to do with being 50 years old and he didn't recognise that behaviour amongst Indians.

Maybe you can only speak the uncomfortable truth if you're part of the 'in crowd' on this forum?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    I know it sounds racist but I don't normally apply for roles if I see the person advertising it has an Indian sounding name. I'm not an English native speaker so I struggle a lot to understand what they say over the phone.

Pretty much all the email exchanges I've had so far with them go along these lines:

Ramesh: hi we have a role for you paying £500 a day. are you interested?
    PCTNN: yes but I want £1000 a day.
    Ramesh: client can make 750.
    PCTNN: mmm...ok sure 750 will do.

1-2 days go by

Ramesh: hi client really likes your CV and wants to invite you for an interview. Day rate is £500 a day. When are you available?
    That's a cultural thing. Our Indian friends are pathologically averse to saying "No"... Makes life difficult at times.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    I know it sounds racist but I don't normally apply for roles if I see the person advertising it has an Indian sounding name. I'm not an English native speaker so I struggle a lot to understand what they say over the phone.

Pretty much all the email exchanges I've had so far with them go along these lines:

Ramesh: hi we have a role for you paying £500 a day. are you interested?
    PCTNN: yes but I want £1000 a day.
    Ramesh: client can make 750.
    PCTNN: mmm...ok sure 750 will do.

1-2 days go by

Ramesh: hi client really likes your CV and wants to invite you for an interview. Day rate is £500 a day. When are you available?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    I put my CV on a US job board just for a few days as I saw a good fitting remote contract and to see if I would get any reactions from US based agencies.

Ever since I got spammed by Nityo 5 -10 emails per day and to a much lesser extend by other Indian agencies (luckily no phone calls)
    Unsubscribing made it worse and now Chrome says the unsubscribe page is not safe.
    First replied a few times asking politely to remove me from their mailing list, when that didn't help I used profanities first in English, later in Hindi, also doesn't help

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    I find it helps to block the numbers on your phone as you go, but it feels a bit like The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    How to tell an agent call is going to go terribly

*ring ring*

*answer*

Hello?

*pause*

*sound of phone being taken off hook*

".....hellooooooo? I'm from InfoTekSysMegaTech Systems, am I speaking with Ms. PerfectStorm?"

"Oh yes, I'm not looking for any jobs thank you"

"OK... well in that case I have a new job opportunity in Edin-burg, are you interested in this job opportunity"

After a while you get to know when a call isn't worth your trouble in the first 3 secs or so
    Edin-burg - England is how they usually day it

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    J C Associates

In recent years they've been spamming me from 100% indian named operatives. As recently as 2019 they had English named agents.
    Why do I think they're now an Indian agency? Some of them haven't even bothered to update their email signatures.

I've swapped the agents name with a fake name. Everything else is real.
    I can confirm, after looking through my outlook search facility that this is correct. eteam appeared to be using an english random name generator and then from about mid-2021 the english names were dropped but the spam levels increased.

Have a read of the google reviews of eteam - caveat emtor.......

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    You think the guys working with the end client isn't well-spoken and credible then?
    Who knows. Not in my experience, and do you want to take that risk?

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Yep - crap phone line quality is always the complete give away.
    oh yes. Crackly and delayed. Never a good sign.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X