• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Smartedge solutions
    First calling me from
    020 35002108 - blocked number after first call
    2 days later from 020 35002130 - blocked after first call which I foolishly answered, but hung up after I heard the word smartedge
    again a day later from 020 35002129 - blocked after rejecting first call
    Frantically emailing me as well that Tech Mahindra have shortlisted me for an interview (never ever gave them permission to represent me and certainly not at Tech Mahindra) - blocked their email domain now as well

Hope they get the message

Annoyingly they can still leave VMs
    As they go straight to VM sometimes they don't notice and leave a long empty message, I can clearly hear people speak in an Indian language in the background more proof they are not calling from the UK
    @Eirkur Good on you. I also blocked a serious of domains earlier in the year. Created a Contact called ZZZZ JUNK, which is blocked and add phone numbers to it periodically. Unfortunately, bugs in iOS means sometimes they get through.

BTW: What is your main skillset? C# Developer? Agile Project Manager? When I had these calls it was for the HM Passport Office in Croydon, so I already knew it was rubbish and public sector, and the contract rate was unacceptable for London (off-payroll rules hadn't yet come into affect). I am only interested to know what are they chasing for now, I am a contractor too working a contract.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Smartedge solutions
    First calling me from
    020 35002108 - blocked number after first call
    2 days later from 020 35002130 - blocked after first call which I foolishly answered, but hung up after I heard the word smartedge
    again a day later from 020 35002129 - blocked after rejecting first call
    Frantically emailing me as well that Tech Mahindra have shortlisted me for an interview (never ever gave them permission to represent me and certainly not at Tech Mahindra) - blocked their email domain now as well

Hope they get the message

Annoyingly they can still leave VMs
    As they go straight to VM sometimes they don't notice and leave a long empty message, I can clearly hear people speak in an Indian language in the background more proof they are not calling from the UK

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    Why are Indians obsessed with number of years of experienced in x tech?
    That's the way they sell people.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I think you're missing the kicker - they want to bring a benched Wipro bod over from India, not a generic Indian contractor. They're paying Ranjeev a wage and need him to start earning it.
    Absolutely this.

Pay them sod all, charge 'em out at £600PD, often last a variable of a few weeks/months before being booted out, rinse and repeat.

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    Why are Indians obsessed with number of years of experienced in x tech?

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    There is no UK work visa currently that allows a non-EU national to contract either via Ltd or brolly, has to be PAYE only. That can be obvs. via a large consultancy under full control of them but I somehow doubt the cost of work permit processing, RMLT, COS admin, SMS admin etc is worth it for a 3/6 months gig. If it happened the consultancy would have to bench the guy at their own cost for the rest of the term of the WP.

Nice conspiracy theory but a non-starter.
    This is why they like to get their PAYE benchwarmers over here as they get paid next to nothing & the profit margin is extreme!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    There is no UK work visa currently that allows a non-EU national to contract either via Ltd or brolly, has to be PAYE only. That can be obvs. via a large consultancy under full control of them but I somehow doubt the cost of work permit processing, RMLT, COS admin, SMS admin etc is worth it for a 3/6 months gig. If it happened the consultancy would have to bench the guy at their own cost for the rest of the term of the WP.

I think you're missing the kicker - they want to bring a benched Wipro bod over from India, not a generic Indian contractor. They're paying Ranjeev a wage and need him to start earning it.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
    Indian so-called recruitment agencies working on behalf of TCS, Infosys, Wipro etc are actually not that interested in recruiting somebody in the UK. They want a CV (as evidence of that they have spoken to you) and the rate (so that they can use that as evidence of that you are too expensive). They have to try finding somebody within the UK for a few weeks before they are allowed (in many cases) to bring somebody in from India on an ICT visa, and they must show evidence of having tried and failed.

I was today called by somebody representing TCS for a senior agile coach role in the Netherlands - at €350 per day, max, all-inclusive.
    Yes. This is a very logical reason why these sort of recruiters send emails with following moronic stanza towards the end:

If comfortable with requirement, please revert back with your updated cv and below requested details:

Current Salary/Daily Rate:
    Expected Daily Rate (in GBP):
    Notice Period:
    Interview Availability (Telephonic):
    Nationality:
    Work Authorization in UK :
    Current Location:
    Preferred Email ID:Best number to reach you:
    Total years of experience:
    Relevant years of Experience as XYZ Developer :
    Payroll: Own company or Umbrella company:

Privacy invasion time!

Just block all incoming telephone calls like one do with PPI or nuisance callera and also filter those incoming emails to /dev/null.
    Last edited by rocktronAMP; 16 March 2017, 08:39. Reason: grammar

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    shocking
    It's an outrage

Leave a comment:

Working...
X