• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    same story with every other company out there. Come april there will be plane loads of people coming from india.
    Its come to the point where indian outsourcer are asking a lot more money and the clients have no other option than to pay them. Forget about contracting it will be difficult to even get a permie job.
    Almost,

Super flood gates from 31st Jan 2021

I already know several Indian friends that will be quitting infosys/sapaint and getting over on new visas as contractors / permie employees

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Give 12 months of consultancy failure and things will change. It's just going to be a tough 12 months for som.e
    I concur. Exactly what I thought

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    TCS two months in at current client co and they already wish they could go back to Infosys, which they thought were bad.
    What I wanted to say is companies use the Indian service companies for years and if they don't like them they switch to another, it somehow doesn't occur to them to switch to a local one or to take back things in their own hands. The failure just continues
    It's like living with a lousy partner isn't? He/She doesn't know what the new one would bring in - Known devil is better than unknown angel!

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Give 12 months of consultancy failure and things will change. It's just going to be a tough 12 months for som.e
    TCS two months in at current client co and they already wish they could go back to Infosys, which they thought were bad.
    What I wanted to say is companies use the Indian service companies for years and if they don't like them they switch to another, it somehow doesn't occur to them to switch to a local one or to take back things in their own hands. The failure just continues

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    same story with every other company out there. Come april there will be plane loads of people coming from india.
    Its come to the point where indian outsourcer are asking a lot more money and the clients have no other option than to pay them. Forget about contracting it will be difficult to even get a permie job.
    Looks like I am going to end up opening a curry house . But there are already too many

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by OntheBenchin2020 View Post
    I worked for an Indian managed service company and this move in April is like music to their ears. Finally the local contractors they inherited when they were made preferred supplier who they made little margin on are leaving as they are all being marked inside IR35 by their risk adverse client which means they are looking to bring in their own staff from India on peanuts to fulfill the statement of work. The client is not happy as they value the people they had but they signed up to this company having the contract for the work and therefore don't really have much of a say at this point.

Leave a comment:

• OntheBenchin2020
    replied
    I worked for an Indian managed service company and this move in April is like music to their ears. Finally the local contractors they inherited when they were made preferred supplier who they made little margin on are leaving as they are all being marked inside IR35 by their risk adverse client which means they are looking to bring in their own staff from India on peanuts to fulfill the statement of work. The client is not happy as they value the people they had but they signed up to this company having the contract for the work and therefore don't really have much of a say at this point.

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
    Until we receive a stream of gushing praise for the agencies listed in this thread, i am afraid that the evidence suggests that you need to keep all these agencies in the higher risk folder.

as with roulette there are some winners but most lose out in the long run.

I have never, in ten years of contracting, sourced a decent role through any of the agencies listed in this thread or, had a positive experience dealing with Wipro.

Your mileage may vary.....
    The mileage won't vary. They are trash and deserve to stay confined the metaphorical dustbin.

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottyDoo View Post
    Hi All,

I've been trying to decide if I post or not because I don't want to take away from anyone else's experiences but I think some people may be turning down contract opportunities based on this thread which I also very nearly did.

A few months back I was approached by 5 different Indian based recruitment agencies via LinkedIn for a contract. My current contract was near its end and it was a good rate on offer so not really knowing any better I agreed to the first agency representing me for the role.

The recruitment process was bizarre to say the least, there were long periods of no communication followed by extremely urgent request for interviews etc all in all I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 WhatsApp video interview with a guy in India. In between the interviews I had read this thread and decided the client company (wipro) were just using the interviews to get free consultation from me. However after the final interview I was offered the role. The peculiarity didn't stop there I was asked to start the next day to which I obviously said I would require a contract and then to work my notice period, it all went quiet again and once again I had pretty much written it off when I recieved a contract and several calls chasing it up. Since I didn't really have anything to lose I took the role.

The culture here is very different but everyone has been very helpful and friendly. Now that I have been paid my first couple of invoices I thought I would share my experience. If it all goes horribly wrong in the future I'll be sure to post an update but for now I for one did end up with a paying contract. I will add that I was never asked for and I would never pay any sort of fee to the recruitment agency.

Thanks

You've omitted to post the day rate and role title, plus the actuality of the true day to day job. £450/day inside IR35 is tulip, for example. It's £225/day before you even consider your unclaimable travel expenses. Post tax £28/hour prior to such expenses may sound good to you, but as we don't know what you do I have no idea.

To the rest of you lot: DO NOT WORK FOR THESE INDIAN AGENCIES! You're feeding the broken system and a cycle of work will continue until you grow a pair and stop.

I'm not yer dad: go calculate what £28/hour is in permie world and look at the other benefits on top. If you still go work for InfoSys/WiPro/TataCS then you're a major dafty. I don't really give two hoots if you have a mortgage to pay or some other sob story: I guarantee you can find decent quality work if you search hard enough. Sick of hearing of contractors resorting to these Indian bodyshops. Leidos/CGI/SopraSteria are bad enough but come on - Infosys? Lol@you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X