• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frlynnlives
    replied
    I feel so stupid to have given these people so much of my time. They have been the only responses I have been getting for months and my phone has been ringing off the hook from them. By now, it is obvious that they are playing some sort of game : they don't appear that interested in working within the expectations of the UK, or even Europe.

They call you in a hurry for an urgent interview and then go radio silence until they have yet a new position for you. Lately some of the British agencies are on the same hustle on behalf of TCS/Indra/Wipro . From now on, I will bounce them. Very sad for them to be doign this in this day and age.

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
    Indian so-called recruitment agencies working on behalf of TCS, Infosys, Wipro etc are actually not that interested in recruiting somebody in the UK. They want a CV (as evidence of that they have spoken to you) and the rate (so that they can use that as evidence of that you are too expensive). They have to try finding somebody within the UK for a few weeks before they are allowed (in many cases) to bring somebody in from India on an ICT visa, and they must show evidence of having tried and failed.

I was today called by somebody representing TCS for a senior agile coach role in the Netherlands - at €350 per day, max, all-inclusive.
    Yep! Currently being got by this Scam. I am at second interview and for weeks, they went through a bizare phase of sabortaging their own interview process . They would give me short notice time slots and then cancel . We finaly have a date set for next week, but I am really not motivated at all. It feels like I am being set up.

Originally posted by shabak View Post
    It seems its now even harder - as many consultancies work like this UK Consultancy->Indian Agency->Client. So you may be tricked and find out at the time of the interview that actually there is still Indian crappy agency that will use your profile to trick the client...

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    Originally posted by Michail View Post
    What do you know about Mindtree?

Seems like another Indian tulipstorm...
    They are legit, not an Indian shell.

Leave a comment:

• Plonitus
    replied
    MindTech

Has anyone heard of MindTech? Looks like a foreign outsourcing company.

Leave a comment:

• bootham
    replied
    Originally posted by Michail View Post

tier2 level IT vendor and outsourcing company from India

Leave a comment:

• Michail
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Marblerim View Post
    I received a call a few weeks back from an Indian recruitment firm for a position with an Indian msp. Been there a week back and I have to say I'm enjoying it so far!
    Wait until you need to get paid

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Maybe because if I would hear that its some Indian consultancy I would not be wasting my time and apply/getting ready for the interview? Very few people got jobs from them and recruitment / interview process is so chaotic that you can see they are not serious about the offer?
    I wasn't asking why you'd ignore them.

Allright I see what u mean - my mistake. But to be honest I had once in my career agency-agency-client but there was no issues just rate was lower at the end. Nevertheless not saying that there is a consultancy in between is also wrong? Finding out that the interview with the client is actually interview with the consultancy is not nice anyway.
    I was asking why it's wrong to not say there's a consultancy. And if you're working for the consultancy of course they're going to interview you. This is standard.

Leave a comment:

• Marblerim
    replied
    I received a call a few weeks back from an Indian recruitment firm for a position with an Indian msp. Been there a week back and I have to say I'm enjoying it so far!

Leave a comment:

• shabak
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Why?
    Maybe because if I would hear that its some Indian consultancy I would not be wasting my time and apply/getting ready for the interview? Very few people got jobs from them and recruitment / interview process is so chaotic that you can see they are not serious about the offer?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Allright I see what u mean - my mistake. But to be honest I had once in my career agency-agency-client but there was no issues just rate was lower at the end. Nevertheless not saying that there is a consultancy in between is also wrong? Finding out that the interview with the client is actually interview with the consultancy is not nice anyway.
    Why?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X