Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Posts 31 to 34 of 34

Fingers like lightning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    But I'm happy to be a BoS / SSCC and will continue to do so for many years to come, I hope.
    Exactly.

You can either be a BoS permietractor without integrity, on-site, working and invoicing, or you can be a "proper" contractor reflecting on your bounteous integrity whilst you sit on the bench earning f*$% all!

My post count is Majestic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by billybiro View Post
    Exactly.

You can either be a BoS permietractor without integrity, on-site, working and invoicing, or you can be a "proper" contractor reflecting on your bounteous integrity whilst you sit on the bench earning f*$% all!

Erm. Thanks for that :
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

More time posting than coding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exactly.

Getting a profitable customer to buy from a business for the first time is often difficult and expensive. The key to a successful business is to persuade that customer to buy again, and again. That is what is meant by repeat business.....

FK1

Still gathering requirements...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    A contract template is not the same as the final agreed contract.
    But it demonstrates (in general) how professional and adequate they are.
    I need to pick just one for a role, so they compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Antman View Post
    Good point.

I was coming more from NLUK's angle that it's not your business, even if it is just a template. But I've also never asked though either.
    It is definitely my business. If there is a real role and they want me then they normally give me such courtesy. Yes, a half of them reject that or disappear after the request. But a good filter isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    I've learned the hard way that the gig isn't yours until your IR35-friendly contract is signed and you're sat at your allocated desk on client site. Get the contract checked and keep on the market until it's signed and you are at your start date.
    A typical in my very niche when 1 real role is advertised by not less than 4 agencies. It is even a test for me to check is it the fishing or an actual vacancy.

And the most disappointing thing when you stick with one agency that start represent you and you discover a crap terms just 2-3 days before a contract start.

Another one with better contract terms could not represent you because of you are already represented and interviewed by the first one.

I see only one way to deal with it - form your own agencies preferred list, check them well before. Including Companies House check, contract templates.

Maybe also at least two references from contractors they placed recently?

Exactly.

That is the reality check, yes. However I experienced that certain IR35 unfriendly wordings usually reflect what they expect from me. I simply do not fit a temporary employee role. The freelancer/contractor mentality is inside me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4