• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£1000 a day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£1000 a day!

Good to see these still around, that too for a techie role!

https://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/JobLa...B9DFE2F6A2233D

I call fake.

Experience = Responsibility in the job description means they don't have a clue.
    If their "client" really requires a contractor to work as a consultant, they must have some actual work they need fulfilling, otherwise why would you hire a contractor.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I call fake.

Experience = Responsibility in the job description means they don't have a clue.
      If their "client" really requires a contractor to work as a consultant, they must have some actual work they need fulfilling, otherwise why would you hire a contractor.
      Could be real.

It is most likely a consultancy that has won work with an end-client but they don't have the skillset to carry out the job. So they will pay a contractor £1000 and bill out to the client at £1500. Or they might even do it at cost if it means breaking into larger pieces of work at the client.

Comment

As that's my line of work I would also be tempted to call fake as the technologies are disparate. Looks like harvesting.

The minor possibility is that they want someone proficient in all and are willing to pay big to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by theroyale View Post
          Good to see these still around, that too for a techie role!

https://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/JobLa...B9DFE2F6A2233D
          Only blot on my interviewing history. Before this gig, I went for a role at 1k a day as a PM rolling out a Performance Scorecard to the boards of a major multinational. I came second as they called out I didn't have enough experience at that level.

I have the experience now, so I feel securing a 1k a day gig will prove I was right in due course.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

FWIW That particular agency always posts for high paying roles Head of BI, for example, paying a similar rate.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

£800-£1000 per day really isn't the same as £1000 per day.

Comment

just had Silverlink on, contract in Basel, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, OpenVMS, got all those, £350 pd!!

She was having a laugh!!

Comment

£1k/day is possible in a tech role.

Right place.
                  Right time.
                  Right skillset.
                  Right level of need and ability to pay from client.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Could be real.

It is most likely a consultancy that has won work with an end-client but they don't have the skillset to carry out the job. So they will pay a contractor £1000 and bill out to the client at £1500. Or they might even do it at cost if it means breaking into larger pieces of work at the client.
                    This could well be the case - my old employer has a postings board for short-term contract roles in that range (one from last month - PM at a Private Equity House, 2 weeks @ £1,000 day) where they stick some more money on top and charge you out to the client. Works well for the project budget too.

Given that they charge a fresh grad out at nearly £1k/day and someone with 6 years experience at double that...everyone's a winner. Except the end client

Comment

Working...
                    X