• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sira View Post
    Question: accepted a permie job offer 12 days ago (as you know, interviewing for contracts in tandem). They were supposed to send the contract last week. I spoke to HR yesterday and they said "We have raised it with the relevant team. Were waiting for them to issue it, but we will chase it up and hopefully you should have it by tomorrow".

Commeth today, I still dont have the contract. Is it normal for it to take this long? Starting to get a bit uneasy as I've never waited more than 3 days for a contract. Just to add, the start date has been set and confirmed by the hiring manager & HR.
    Hopefully everything is ok...

But, I'd personally not stop looking elsewhere until the contract is signed by all parties.

It would not be the first time the hiring manager and HR have ok'd everything, but someone forgot to ask finance...

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

But, I'd personally not stop looking elsewhere until your probationary period is over
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Normally next day, I would keep looking

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

But, I'd personally not stop looking elsewhere until the contract is signed by all parties.

It would not be the first time the hiring manager and HR have ok'd everything, but someone forgot to ask finance...
        Yes I am interviewing elsewhere. More a case of trying to understand if this is common. Asked a few friends who worked in large organisations and they said contracts can take a long time sometimes. There is no agency in the middle with this job, so I'm in the dark really.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
          Yes I am interviewing elsewhere. More a case of trying to understand if this is common. Asked a few friends who worked in large organisations and they said contracts can take a long time sometimes. There is no agency in the middle with this job, so I'm in the dark really.
          If there is no agency then you will see the bun fight between manager, HR and finance play out for weeks. Finance are probably going why are you using someone that isn't on the PSL and has procurement "negotiated" with them yet?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            If there is no agency then you will see the bun fight between manager, HR and finance play out for weeks. Finance are probably going why are you using someone that isn't on the PSL and has procurement "negotiated" with them yet?
            Seems like it. When I accepted the offer they did say that they're having issues with IT systems so the whole on-boarding process will take longer than normal. Whether it's true, who knows. They gave me an offer after 1 interview and offered me the maximum end of their budget so I'm not worried that they will actively search for an alternative candidate. There is a real possibility that maybe their looking for a cheaper candidate, or who knows maybe the role is on the verge of being binned. Wouldn't be the first time this year...

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              1. In this context "enchufe" means being plugged in to the right connections. The jobs have to be advertised but without enchufe you will not get them.
              2. Tio (Uncle) is what the locals will call you if they accept you. This is unlikely to happen in your case.

From Malaga to Estepona there are dreamers like you. If you cannot put your affairs in order in the UK how do you expect to put them in order in Spain? Lots of people run away to the CDS for reasons like this, you will be in good company.

Top tip: HMRC have access to, and are actively polling the Padron before their access might be revoked at the end of the year.
              Ha ha ha ha. I can feel the envy and desperation coming across with every sentence. Look at what you could have won!

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                Ha ha ha ha. I can feel the envy and desperation coming across with every sentence. Look at what you could have won!

My family own one of the golf courses by those hills. Your move.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post

Looks seriously over developed for me - it really wouldn't be my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Looks seriously over developed for me - it really wouldn't be my choice.
                    It's an absolute zoo.

A zoo with the benefit that you end up having to put 50% of what you paid for the place in again as soon as your first winter arrives. Zero insulation.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                      It's an absolute zoo.

A zoo with the benefit that you end up having to put 50% of what you paid for the place in again as soon as your first winter arrives. Zero insulation.
                      So the typical build as cheap as you can and cut costs because the tourists won't know until it's too late and most won't ever find out anyway game?

When I retire I really will be heading towards Italy and Marche or Abruzzi.

Comment

Working...
                      X