• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Exactly my point. If you don't know what enchufe is you are in for a wake up call.

You really really will fit in when the locals call you uncle, if you can't handle dude. I would have called you something else, but this is the professional forum.
    Reminds me of some of the childish developers I've worked with who have some silly little acronym for everything. All they've ever written is TODO lists in the latest JavaScript framework.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Envy wouldn't be the right word - annoyance, at what, given you are in sat in Spain could be classified as fraud, would be a rather better choice of word.
      innocent until provien guilty - People should stop accusing each other of tax evasion / fraud / dishonesty - These are serious allegations and require evidence up to the standards of criminal levels - Beyond reasonable doubt

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
        Wow! So you've been contracting for 20 years, raking in 80k-90k income but your warchest only has enough cash to last just over 3 months!? Way to go.

Just like buses, two incorrect statements come along at once, both by envious idiots:

1. I never said I was contracting 20 years but I have been running the same business 20 years. I'll let you try to work it out.
        2. I didn't take out a £ 50k bounce back (correct spelling) loan. Incorrect statement.

So, the war chest will have been depleted over the best part of a year but some of said war chest was invested in a lovely Penthouse in Andalucia, 20 mins from Spains answer to silicon valley. 650 companies, bound to be a need for short term developer resource.
        You always did strike me as a supercilious, overbearing divvie. Thanks for proving it!

Oh and keep the doors locked in Andalucia when HMRC's minions come knocking.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
          innocent until provien guilty - People should stop accusing each other of tax evasion / fraud / dishonesty - These are serious allegations and require evidence up to the standards of criminal levels - Beyond reasonable doubt
          Not at all. This isn't a court of law. Balance of probabilities is sufficient.

Comment

Reminds me of some of the childish developers I've worked with who have some silly little acronym for everything. All they've ever written is TODO lists in the latest JavaScript framework.
            1. In this context "enchufe" means being plugged in to the right connections. The jobs have to be advertised but without enchufe you will not get them.
            2. Tio (Uncle) is what the locals will call you if they accept you. This is unlikely to happen in your case.

From Malaga to Estepona there are dreamers like you. If you cannot put your affairs in order in the UK how do you expect to put them in order in Spain? Lots of people run away to the CDS for reasons like this, you will be in good company.

Top tip: HMRC have access to, and are actively polling the Padron before their access might be revoked at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
              Oh and keep the doors locked in Andalucia when HMRC's minions come knocking.
              See my post above. This is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                1. In this context "enchufe" means being plugged in to the right connections. The jobs have to be advertised but without enchufe you will not get them.
                2. Tio (Uncle) is what the locals will call you if they accept you. This is unlikely to happen in your case.

From Malaga to Estepona there are dreamers like you. If you cannot put your affairs in order in the UK how do you expect to put them in order in Spain? Lots of people run away to the CDS for reasons like this, you will be in good company.

Top tip: HMRC have access to, and are actively polling the Padron before their access might be revoked at the end of the year.
                I suspect HMRC will continue to have access, the tax treaties aren't EU based but individual country by country treaties.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Wow! So you've been contracting for 20 years, raking in 80k-90k income but your warchest only has enough cash to last just over 3 months!? Way to go.

Just like buses, two incorrect statements come along at once, both by envious idiots:

1. I never said I was contracting 20 years but I have been running the same business 20 years. I'll let you try to work it out.
                  2. I didn't take out a £ 50k bounce back (correct spelling) loan. Incorrect statement.

So, the war chest will have been depleted over the best part of a year but some of said war chest was invested in a lovely Penthouse in Andalucia, 20 mins from Spains answer to silicon valley. 650 companies, bound to be a need for short term developer resource.
                  Nice one, tips hat to you sir

I wasted mine on hookers and coke

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Question: accepted a permie job offer 12 days ago (as you know, interviewing for contracts in tandem). They were supposed to send the contract last week. I spoke to HR yesterday and they said "We have raised it with the relevant team. Were waiting for them to issue it, but we will chase it up and hopefully you should have it by tomorrow".

Commeth today, I still dont have the contract. Is it normal for it to take this long? Starting to get a bit uneasy as I've never waited more than 3 days for a contract. Just to add, the start date has been set and confirmed by the hiring manager & HR.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
                      Question: accepted a permie job offer 12 days ago (as you know, interviewing for contracts in tandem). They were supposed to send the contract last week. I spoke to HR yesterday and they said "We have raised it with the relevant team. Were waiting for them to issue it, but we will chase it up and hopefully you should have it by tomorrow".

Commeth today, I still dont have the contract. Is it normal for it to take this long? Starting to get a bit uneasy as I've never waited more than 3 days for a contract. Just to add, the start date has been set and confirmed by the hiring manager & HR.
                      Normally next day, I would keep looking

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X