• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChangePM View Post
    I'm finding it slow going to be honest. Been on the bench for six weeks now, I have a few things in the pipeline but I had hoped to have had a couple of offers by now (that's me being impatient, not arrogant by the way!).

There seems to be loads of Business Analyst contracts about. Time will tell if these BA's put some sort of strategy together for these clients so that they need a delivery focused PM soon after?

I've had a fair few chats with agents and consultants and the reoccurring theme seems to be that there are a lot of contracts and roles out there at the moment, the clients are just waiting for the new tax year to kick in before they commit to bringing in additional resource.

Good luck to everyone still looking!
    Yes, they said that last year as well. In fact, I seem to remember them saying that every Feb \ March in the previous 19 years I was contracting. I think they were correct for about 10 of them.

Thankfully, Im no longer looking.

Comment

London seems to be very high in demand. I work in Testing and the rates are between £450 and £600, and tbh I do feel bad as I don't feel like I work hard enough to be earning that kind of money.

Comment

Stock market dropping almost 3% just now in US is going to mean more of the same old same old for a few weeks in financial services sector anyway.

There are already hiring freezes for the next few weeks at several investment banks due to end of their financial tax year.

Comment

Agencies seem to be waking up this week, loads of noise from them in my inbox. Unfortunately seen a couple of messages offering roles with Inside IR35 with no uplift in my day rate. So have done my bit and made a counter offer of the rate on offer in the hope of helping some other contractor out.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            Agencies seem to be waking up this week, loads of noise from them in my inbox. Unfortunately seen a couple of messages offering roles with Inside IR35 with no uplift in my day rate. So have done my bit and made a counter offer of the rate on offer in the hope of helping some other contractor out.
            See above about 'new tax year budget' bollocks and that's why you're seeing increased activity.

Comment

Currently heading towards the bench come April the 6th, seems quiet atm in the SC sector for my line of work (rollout), gl all and godspeed

Comment

I'm being sounded out for a six month extension from end May at current client co, so that's pretty boyant for me

Comment

I'm definitely seeing a gap between people who are willing to give GDPR a go and those who are not.

Watch a few videos, read a few articles and put yourself forward.
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                    I'm definitely seeing a gap between people who are willing to give GDPR a go and those who are not.

Watch a few videos, read a few articles and put yourself forward.
                    I’m not emigrating to East Germany...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      I’m not emigrating to East Germany...
                      You might struggle to find it nowadays.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X