• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    PS what line of IT are you in? The infrastructure market around the south is veryyyyyy quiet. There are a lot of agents fishing for "references" via fake job ads at the moment.
    Business Analysis - sometimes IT, sometimes not.

Stupidly ****ed off one agent by answering that I'd opt-in to any contract
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      Stupidly ****ed off one agent by answering that I'd opt-in to any contract
      I'm sure if they have a role you're suited to they will soon forget about it. Enjoy your Christmas break and hope you're not on the bench too long! I'm facing the prospect of riding the pine pony (hockey phrase) come Feb the 2nd.

Comment

Back on the market as just been given two weeks notice (1 week in reality due to Christmas Contractor freeze) from my current contract due to budget cutbacks.

Hopefully won't take 12 months to find something this time!

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
          Back on the market as just been given two weeks notice (1 week in reality due to Christmas Contractor freeze) from my current contract due to budget cutbacks.

Hopefully won't take 12 months to find something this time!

I have had a few calls recently. Though of course it depends which sector you are in. Good luck!

Comment

I was notified that I will not be renewed last week.

Started looking, market in my area (Swindon/Oxford/Cheltenham/Bristol) seems slow but OK. Looking for either PM/BA.

Here's to a nice break and a new challenge in 2018!
            Beer
            is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Beginning to get splinters been on the bench this long (3.5 months) never thought it would be this length of time.

Warchest is okay but you never like chipping into it and Christmas not helping.

Passed exams, rebranded the company, networked like a mad man and nothing, not even a sniff.

Hey ho, thems the breaks.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Start identifying your retirement date!

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
                  Start identifying your retirement date!
                  In my diary, I have never.....

Comment

Markets normally totally dead this month and although I'm not looking, I have noticed that there are more opportunities about this year than previously.

Comment

First time I've seen such a dead market in a hell of a long time..... I'm working on Plan B, Plan C and now there is a Plan D.....

I think the trick is to get your own IP and find your own clients (also means you never have to worry about IR35 again).

That's the way forwards for me and stops me depending on contract roles coming up.

Comment

Working...
                      X