• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coolhandluke View Post
    Please don't believe a word the agent is telling you. We are currently trying to recruit in the East Midlands and can't find anyone. We just keep getting the same 10 CV's from all the agencies.

The East Midlands is booming for both Contracts and Permanent vacancies. Standard .Net Dev seems to be creeping up to 60k for permanent roles.
    what's wrong with the 10 CVs? Not skilled enough or want too much ££££ ?
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Please don't believe a word the agent is telling you. We are currently trying to recruit in the East Midlands and can't find anyone. We just keep getting the same 10 CV's from all the agencies.

The East Midlands is booming for both Contracts and Permanent vacancies. Standard .Net Dev seems to be creeping up to 60k for permanent roles.
      East Midlands here I come!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        How can you work on a work visa except as a permanent employee?
        There are ways around it. They join a billing company as perm and then look for contracts. Billing company takes a cut out of their income. All illegal but people are doing it.

Comment

East Midlands as in Peterborough ?
          East Midlands as in bordering Kettering / Corby or further east bordering Cambridge or further North bordering Boston, Nottingham or Lincoln(?)

Comment

Being somewhat cynical are the agencies doing their job and only presenting what they feel are the best X number of CVs? Perhaps you're only getting to see 10 out of the 400 unless you've explicitly told them to send you everything although in that instance why bother using an agency.

I have little doubt agencies are blocking suitable candidates right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
              Being somewhat cynical are the agencies doing their job and only presenting what they feel are the best X number of CVs? Perhaps you're only getting to see 10 out of the 400 unless you've explicitly told them to send you everything although in that instance why bother using an agency.

Will be different with permanent recruitment but with contractors it makes sense for agents to forward people who are just qualified qualified as their rate expectations will probably be lower.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                51 depressing pages later...

Did JoJoGabor ever find a contract..?

Please respond, just so we don't have to dredge ponds looking for you.
                Wow - somehow I stumbled on this - I haven't read every message in this thread I didn't expect it to go on so long.

So back in May I went back to an old client, which was as sh!t as ever but paid well, and was the only thing I could find at that time. Since just before the Brexit vote its been busy again. Just a blip. So now at a really decent client doing interesting things again. Thanks for caring.

Comment

Approved agent is struggling to find more CV's and the other agents are sending us the same CV's.

80% of the applicants are Bob's with 2 days experience and unable to speak when interviewed over the telephone - Pay is circa £400 a day.

This is Nottingham city centre.

Comment

Some times it can be the internal client agency limiting the amount of CVs per agency, especially in banking.
                    The way round this, if you are recruiting for the client, is to work with a decent known trusted agent, believe it or not

Then you can see CVs on the down low and get the ones through to Client Co you actually want to see.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Approved agent is struggling to find more CV's and the other agents are sending us the same CV's.

80% of the applicants are Bob's with 2 days experience and unable to speak when interviewed over the telephone - Pay is circa £400 a day.

This is Nottingham city centre.
                      I have said for years that recruitment in this country doesn't work. How many times have you gone for something that the spec could have been written for you and you never hear back?

Agents think margin first and customer second. Plus I suspect some don't like working with British resource.

Comment

Working...
                      X