• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    This is a **** up situation and it needs to stop. Problem is that neither us knows how to stop recruiters making up fake job advertisements. I see a lot. I thought hosting a site in Africa or Russia, but then I read some of forums here on legality and stuff. I have motivation when on the bench to may be build a website, but when I am off it, the idea, it goes for a button

Regarding the state of the market, I am starting to get worried just a tiny little bit. The recent content in September does provide fruit for thought. I suppose that we, contractors, are getting the squeeze from both ends: the chancers from India or somewhere abroad attempting to get in the UK market with cheap rates and the lock down / freeze out from London financial services, especially, investment banking and the latter effect is a time-delay effect of months.

The obvious question then what is the trend for permanent side of the fence? Because if that side is also failing them we could be in eventual trouble.
    Sorry I don't follow you. What fake adverts you are talking about. There is no any adverts at all - neither fake or genuine. 3 adverts in 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
      Sorry I don't follow you. What fake adverts you are talking about. There is no any adverts at all - neither fake or genuine. 3 adverts in 2 days
      In C#, that's not the only Finance IT contract work out there, or not, these days .

Sorry, but you really do tend to generalise
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

There is no any adverts at all - neither fake or genuine. 3 adverts in 2 days
        Handy hint: Read your left-to-right problem from right-to-left, then it becomes a solution. Try not to tell the market what it should be doing.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
          Handy hint: Read your left-to-right problem from right-to-left, then it becomes a solution. Try not to tell the market what it should be doing.
          Smart.... Street smart.... :

Comment

"days 2 in adverts 3, genuine or fake neither - all at adverts any no is there."

Nope, you're going to have to clarify that one fella.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Smart.... Street smart.... :
              What drugs do I need to take to make sense of these
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

A few phonecalls/ leads end of august begining of sept but has dropped off in last couple of weeks UK wise, a few calls for european contracts.

So last few weekes very quiet and am noticing Uk recruiters on linkedin that normally were just UK recruiting are spreading their net further afield in europe now

Tech infra PM ( DC Moves/consolodation etc with recent Hybrid cloud transformation project experience)

Comment

In September was a little bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Nope, you're going to have to clarify that one fella.
                    Market not tell do what, young jedi, but skill and market do lead.

Or many time bench find one will.

Edit: Inbox currently filled with real jobs from Agents I've used before and trust. Caveat: I don't do C# as my name isn't Bob.
                    Last edited by nomadd; 29 September 2016, 16:51.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Market not tell do what, young jedi, but skill and market do lead.

Or many time bench find one will.

Edit: Inbox currently filled with real jobs from Agents I've used before and trust. Caveat: I don't do C# as my name isn't Bob.

Just as well, you would really be well and truly fecked, as there is no work in that there skill, brother
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X