• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mortgage, straight to bank or recommend me an advisor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vardas View Post
    hi.

first time mortgage, have seen that Halifax and clysedale do contractors mortgage.
    question is do I just ring them up and apply direct
    or do you recommend an contract mortgage advisor, if so which one and fee costs?

thanks
    Best advice I can give is to do your research compare costs and find someone you trust to look at your mortgage. I have, in the past, come across a number of clients who attempt the application themselves and come unstuck because the person on the phone doesn't really understand how contractors work. The case usually fits the lenders criteria but they just cant get the right person on the phone and are unable to find out what they need to supply. The odd few do get lucky and manage to get it through.

Be aware mistakes at this stage can cause problems with a secondary application. Lenders share information and application details any incorrect information can highlight on their additional checks.

Its always worth speaking with a good advisor, just because one lender doesn't accept you it doesn't mean that all lenders wont. You will get the best rate and lender based on your circumstances - this will inevitably save you money in the long run

Comment

Thanks Emma. Yeah i think your right.

Comment

Working...
      X