• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contractor via IT Reseller

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boney M
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Am I the only one wearing a "Managed services" hat here?
    Nope

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    No FLC, you are not. Their financials have MS written over them. 241 employees +Contract resources & their figures....

Leave a comment:

• CoderSaturn
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Do you think this will make a difference to how the contract will be structured?

They have asked for my company details but I have not formed it yet, I was going to do that tonight and reply tomorrow or should I hold off until I see the contract and get it reviewed?

We also agreed £400 on the phone but I don't have this in writing and I will be interested to see if it states £400 a day or a lower rate.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Boney M
    replied
    comms care are a company I have worked with at many organisations providing break fix on contracts the customer have needed. Absolutely had no issues with them.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by CoderSaturn View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

Does anyone have experience with SJD?
    Their recent price rises have pissed a lot of people off, they're good, but not competitive. I'm with NW, again, not cheap but also not over-priced.

Leave a comment:

• CoderSaturn
    replied
    Thanks for the advice.

Does anyone have experience with SJD?

Also, I'm still permanently employed until mid March but would be looking at setting up my company potentially next week after the contract has been reviewed by the accountant. Would this be the best way to go about this?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Just tell the agency/consultancy that you are getting your legal advisor to review the contract.

Ignore them when they say their contract is compliant and get it reviewed anyway.

Leave a comment:

• CoderSaturn
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    TBH I have a feeling reading the contract won't work if the OP is new. I'd question what he knows about IR35 let alone contract details.

Get it over to the likes of QDOS and get it reviewed professionaly.
    Thanks for the reply.

My knowledge is that I want to be outside of the IR35 and have some type of clause within the contract that states the right for substitution or that I am not under the direct control of the client. Plus many others.

Usually how flexible are agents/companies with rewording the contracts to ensure I am outside of the IR35?

I will most likely be using SJD Accountancy to perform the review and appoint them as the accountant, if you have had previous dealings with them and would recommend/not recommend then please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    It appears that you are working directly for a reseller selling services to clients, recruiting agencies aren't involved.

They'll probably pretend to the client that you are an employee. Read the contract carefully as I suspect that it won't be very IR35 friendly.

What role is the contract for?
    TBH I have a feeling reading the contract won't work if the OP is new. I'd question what he knows about IR35 let alone contract details.

Get it over to the likes of QDOS and get it reviewed professionaly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X