• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contractor via IT Reseller

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northernladuk
    replied
    Do they actually have any staff or do they onboard contractors as and when required under the "managed service" offering.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by CoderSaturn View Post
    All,

I am about to get into contracting and I recently had an interview with the client which an IT Reseller put me forward for. The interview went well and they offered me the position 10 minutes after the interview.

I usually deal with recruitment agencies and was wondering if anyone had dealt with this company?

W ww.comms-care.com

How does this differ from a recruitment agency and will it affect me as a first time contractor? I am due to receive the contract next week and hoping everything goes well. I asked for £400 a day before interviewing and he told me on the phone this was fine, but no confirmation was sent to me that he was putting me forward for this.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
    It appears that you are working directly for a reseller selling services to clients, recruiting agencies aren't involved.

They'll probably pretend to the client that you are an employee. Read the contract carefully as I suspect that it won't be very IR35 friendly.

What role is the contract for?

Leave a comment:

• CoderSaturn
    started a topic New contractor via IT Reseller

New contractor via IT Reseller

All,

I am about to get into contracting and I recently had an interview with the client which an IT Reseller put me forward for. The interview went well and they offered me the position 10 minutes after the interview.

I usually deal with recruitment agencies and was wondering if anyone had dealt with this company?

W ww.comms-care.com

How does this differ from a recruitment agency and will it affect me as a first time contractor? I am due to receive the contract next week and hoping everything goes well. I asked for £400 a day before interviewing and he told me on the phone this was fine, but no confirmation was sent to me that he was putting me forward for this.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Working...
X