• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Threats from agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

At agency level never. Six months later they get a role thats perfect and your the only one who fits. Agency aint gonna care you messed them about previously.
    I've had an agency go from threatening me with legal action to callng up about a role as if they were my best friend in 6 months.
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
      I've had an agency go from threatening me with legal action to callng up about a role as if they were my best friend in 6 months.
      For turning down a contract?

Comment

No, sorry, should have been clearer. I was through an agency on a client site. Client decided that they no longer wanted to deal through that agency and so handed them (and therefore us) notice. Client then installed new agency and asked contractors if they'd like to stay on through new agency. I said yes.

Old agency wrote threatening legal action and seeking redress for loss of earnings. I told them to go for it and then never heard back on the matter.

6 months later they have the "perfect role" for me and are all chummy again.

I politely declined.
        "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
        "See?"

Comment

I got legal threats and an invoice for £18,900 after picking up my laptop and walking straight out of the door when I was told the client had stipulated a £300 rate cut with immediate effect. Nothing came of it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
            No, sorry, should have been clearer. I was through an agency on a client site. Client decided that they no longer wanted to deal through that agency and so handed them (and therefore us) notice. Client then installed new agency and asked contractors if they'd like to stay on through new agency. I said yes.

Old agency wrote threatening legal action and seeking redress for loss of earnings. I told them to go for it and then never heard back on the matter.

6 months later they have the "perfect role" for me and are all chummy again.

I politely declined.
            We want to sue you because you're doing work that we can no longer offer. Yeah, that would work.

Probably just the agency trying to do what comes naturally and get as much money as they can out of the situation.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              I got legal threats and an invoice for £18,900 after picking up my laptop and walking straight out of the door when I was told the client had stipulated a £300 rate cut with immediate effect. Nothing came of it.
              A day? Either you got obliterated or there was plenty of cream to skim...!
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                A day? Either you got obliterated or there was plenty of cream to skim...!
                Yup. A day. 1/3 of my daily. Director in Dusseldorf who didn't like me. Was working in Clientcos Paddington office 2 weeks later and flying to DUS 2 days every week. Bumped into him every day in DUS and it was awkward.

No loyalty given or expected in telecoms. Telco governance get departments or whole opcos to compete against each other, to weed out the weak & 'increase productivity'.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                  Yup. A day. 1/3 of my daily. Director in Dusseldorf who didn't like me. Was working in Clientcos Paddington office 2 weeks later and flying to DUS 2 days every week. Bumped into him every day in DUS and it was awkward.

No loyalty given or expected in telecoms. Telco governance get departments or whole opcos to compete against each other, to weed out the weak & 'increase productivity'.
                  sounds like fun...

Comment

Working...
                  X