• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage

I have been contracting for 9 months and finding it difficult to find a mortgage. Can anyone suggest a solution? I

Originally posted by Prinsa View Post
    I have been contracting for 9 months and finding it difficult to find a mortgage. Can anyone suggest a solution? I
    Contracting isn't an automatic utopia of milk and honey.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

How much have you got as a deposit? What's the LTV?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Prinsa View Post
        Wait till you've been contracting longer.

Comment

Speak to Ken at Freelancer Financials. They deal with different contractor specific products that will fit the bill. They will take your permie wage and contractor rate together to come up with an amount you can borrow.
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 31 January 2016, 16:32. Reason: URL Removed
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I spoke to those crowd also, plus contractor mortgages made easy.

Does anyone know if, when deciding on a deposit size, must one stick within the 10, 15, 20, 25 round numbers or do providers take any percentage one can provide?

Comment

They will take any percentage but the deals fall into round numbers.

So if you have a 17% deposit then you get a 15% deal. However your repayment costs will be lower than if you paid 15%.

While this means nothing now if you get your total repayment costs you can see the difference it makes. Plus that way you know when you should move to a shorter repayment schedule and/or lower interest rates.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                They will take any percentage but the deals fall into round numbers.

So if you have a 17% deposit then you get a 15% deal. However your repayment costs will be lower than if you paid 15%.

While this means nothing now if you get your total repayment costs you can see the difference it makes. Plus that way you know when you should move to a shorter repayment schedule and/or lower interest rates.
                Thanks. I was hoping I would be able to give my desired monthly repayments and then have a product tailored to fit that budget.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
                  Thanks. I was hoping I would be able to give my desired monthly repayments and then have a product tailored to fit that budget.
                  Freelancer Financials did that for me but when I remortgaged. They altered the end date of the mortgage until it met the payments I wanted.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Freelancer Financials did that for me but when I remortgaged. They altered the end date of the mortgage until it met the payments I wanted.
                    I've been tempted to do that but wouldn't extending a 25 to 30 year mean that, although your monthly repayments are less, you're losing out more in the long run on interest? Or do you care if it gives you a home?

Comment

Working...
                    X