• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed in dismissal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by pomp74 View Post
    Hi, I approached the director of the company iv been working for (3yrs) to give notice of my intention to move on, without going in to the full details I was subjected to a barrage of abusive words/allegations & told to #### off before I'd got more than 20 seconds into my sentence. I chose to remain silent & simply left, iv since been informed by a now ex colleague the announcement was made iv left!!
    Where do I stand legally as iv been dismissed for trying to hand in my notice, is that allowed? As a contractor do I have any rights here?
    None - tell them to fook off and move on.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by pomp74 View Post
    Hi, I approached the director of the company iv been working for (3yrs) to give notice of my intention to move on, without going in to the full details I was subjected to a barrage of abusive words/allegations & told to #### off before I'd got more than 20 seconds into my sentence. I chose to remain silent & simply left, iv since been informed by a now ex colleague the announcement was made iv left!!
    Where do I stand legally as iv been dismissed for trying to hand in my notice, is that allowed? As a contractor do I have any rights here?
    You say you're a contractor but you seem to want employee protection like a permie!

You've been terminated. No work, no pay. Move on.

Leave a comment:

• pomp74
    started a topic Advice needed in dismissal

Advice needed in dismissal

Working...
X