• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pushed to Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushed to Agency

Hi Guys

Has anyone had this situation. you are agreed upon by a client for a contract you have agreements with the client about rate tasks etc (at this point no agency involved) and then when it comes to on-boarding you are pushed out to an agency (no information beforehand who this agency is) . Can you call this underhanded? and would you demand the client contract with you as no information about said agency was made available on discussing and agreeing contract

This is all supposed you prefer direct and not agency.

Client is a major name

Please post and express views

Firstly you need to get admin to move this over to Business/Contracts if it's a serious question.

Posting in General will open you up to abuse.

Secondly this tactic is common.

If a client, especially a large one, has more than 2 contractors providing services to them it's easier for them to just pay an agency to deal with it. The advantages of using an agency is that you can get them to pay you after 14 days of invoicing. Clients tend to pay 30 - 90 days after invoicing. The disadvantage is the sh*t contract they try and give you.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That is utterly disgraceful. You simply must refuse the contract on principle and not be rolled over!!

Who's the client and do you have the agent's email you could send me?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Don't ever put up with this tosh! Get them told, they must either do it your way or you walk.

By the way, what is the name of the client so I can apply when you are told to p1ss off.

[Way too slow there GlenW]
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Do you have any other option?

Personally I would take the contract and keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Do you have any other option?

Personally I would take the contract and keep looking.
            Out of interest why? If the contract terms are ok and you get good payment terms, what's the problem? This is perfectly normal, albeit underhand, practice.

If, as the OP says, the client is a "major name" then I suspect you'll never get around this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
              Out of interest why? If the contract terms are ok and you get good payment terms, what's the problem? This is perfectly normal, albeit underhand, practice.

If, as the OP says, the client is a "major name" then I suspect you'll never get around this.
              I think there are 2 parts to my reply :-

1. Why take the job? Its better to be earning than not
              2. Why keep looking? I feel the behaviour is underhand. And I expect it is the thin end of the wedge.

Some above have recommended not taking the job at all - and I think they have a point.

It might be normal - but it is not right and should have be told earlier.

Comment

Just go through the agent and get weekly payment terms!
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Why would you want to contract direct on ludicrous payment terms?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I have been
                    truly
                    direct with <Quite Large Teleco>, took me over 3 months+ to get my first payment, as the purchase orders were set up wrong.
                    Luckily I had the warchest to carry the "debt", even after taking a year off travelling, as I kind of prepared for it.

One of the realities of direct, its only a panecea for certain things .
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X