• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Webinar: Advanced CV frameworks and LinkedIn for Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit I was pretty sceptic but it was useful. I might use them in the future but definitely got some handy tips

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      Anyone else on this and finding the audio cutting out from time to time?
      Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
      The audio isn't great - it's cut from time to time, restarting the audio has resolved it
      Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I ended up ringing the telephone number for the audio rather than through the computer
      Yes I hope the technical issues can be sorted if there's an intention to run in this format again. Did anybody actually get quality audio at all?

After joining I discovered that audio is only supported on certain platforms, mine not being among them. Hastily installed Chromium which supposedly should work, except it didn't. Finally called in via telephone which was a real struggle to follow, fading in/out as if Alistair was hosting a radio programme from a distant land on short wave.

Another (more minor) technical point - if the screen sharing could be done with display resolution set to match the slides 4:3 aspect then it would have avoided the windowboxing effect for some.

Despite the technical issues, content was great and delivery was top class. Having previously seen Matt doing a similar presentation in person I still managed to pick up a few tips.

Thanks also to Admin for promoting this.

Well recommended to anyone who hasn't attended yet.

Comment

Couldn't make it yesterday although I had signed up.

Any idea when the next one is?

Is this one available to view/listen to as a recording?

Edit: Next one 17th June. From this page: http://www.cvandinterviewadvisors.co.uk/Webinars2
        Last edited by theroyale; 10 June 2015, 10:25.

Comment

Anyone had a crack at updating their CV based on the advice given?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I started to, but then gave up because I'm not going to be looking until the end of the summer. By which time I'll have forgotten it all, discarded the idea and stick with the CV format I've always used.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

in the process of doing so, just re-writing each my of case studies,

previous version wasn't far off but more chronologically based rather then the format suggested

currently have a few months left on the current gig so we'll see how successful it is nearing end of contract

Comment

I had a free review of my CV and it came out as average. Will probably get them to spruce up my CV when I'm looking for my next contract

Comment

Working...
                X