• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds Bank 10% rate cut from April

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abhigreen View Post
    Comms are being sent out about 10% rate cut across the board for any contract renewal after April.

Given other org wide changes as well, looks like tough times ahead for contractors with Lloyds.
    What I don't get is that lloyds are saying the 10% cut is on the day rate to contractors - surely the 10% should be to the overall rate including the mark up?

If LBG are controlling rates paid, surely that makes them employer by default and therefore liable for employment regs and all the contractors within IR35?
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
      What I don't get is that lloyds are saying the 10% cut is on the day rate to contractors - surely the 10% should be to the overall rate including the mark up?

If LBG are controlling rates paid, surely that makes them employer by default and therefore liable for employment regs and all the contractors within IR35?
      If you had a copy of the upper contract then you'd probably realise from a written contract POV, yes, virtually everyone would be IR35 caught.

One presumes the "10% contractor rate cut" applies to the whole amount to agent and contractor but for ease of communication, they just say "contractor rate cut"?
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

worked once with Lloyds

never again!!!!

poor rates. but great if you like sitting around, pushing the pen around and getting nothing done.

Comment

Originally posted by shingz View Post
          never again!!!!

poor rates. but great if you like sitting around, pushing the pen around and getting nothing done.
          Same as at Barclaycard then

Comment

Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
            Lloyds've been shedding staff for years.
            Somebody has to pay the bonuses.

Comment

I turned down a Lloyd gig about a month ago. New role is much more interesting learning newer tech in a new industry, but about 10% less than what Lloyd were paying. Glad I didn't chase the money!
              "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
              Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Apparently the rate cut "does not apply to everyone".
                But there is no evidence either way.

Comment

I expect to find out in 2 weeks if i will be hit.

Comment

So..... Any updates to this from your Lloyds pple out there?

Comment

Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
                      Lloyds've been shedding staff for years.
                      ...and hiring too. Continual merry-go-round, just like all other FS clients.
                      Last edited by Project Monkey; 23 March 2015, 16:32.

Comment

Working...
                      X