• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds Bank 10% rate cut from April

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by interested View Post
    LBG's HR dept don't screen contractors CVs let alone put anyone on any sort of 'barring list'
    This is not true, sorry. Wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      This is not true, sorry. Wrong!
      Which bit isn't true?

Comment

Which bit isn't true?
        That CV's aren't/are not screened.

Please share the needful.

Comment

I never dealt with HR when asking for and reviewing CVs (and I did that a lot as part of my work there).

But then, this was on the business change side and not the IT side - everything went through EA Consulting or subcontracted agents, and I always dealt directly with the agents myself, no intermediaries from HR.

It seems to me that the IT side would be even less likely to have HR people reviewing CVs than the business change side given the more technical aspects of recruiting for IT.

Comment

Originally posted by jjdarg View Post
            I never dealt with HR when asking for and reviewing CVs (and I did that a lot as part of my work there).

But then, this was on the business change side and not the IT side - everything went through EA Consulting or subcontracted agents, and I always dealt directly with the agents myself, no intermediaries from HR.

It seems to me that the IT side would be even less likely to have HR people reviewing CVs than the business change side given the more technical aspects of recruiting for IT.
            They have a dept called CMU that deals with it, they are effectively HR/Legal by another name. If the CV has not been through CMU, it will not be on the hiring managers desk. Fact.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              They have a dept called CMU that deals with it, they are effectively HR/Legal by another name. If the CV has not been through CMU, it will not be on the hiring managers desk. Fact.
              That's the Change Management lot staffed by EA consulting bods, mostly, right? If it is the same lot, most of what they did was ensure I filled out the requests correctly and ticked all the boxes. They certainly didn't do much screening when I used them; I often got a phone call from the agent directly, and would get view of CVs pretty much simultaneously.

Things may have changed since then, though...it was 2011 when I was last there.

Comment

Originally posted by jjdarg View Post
                That's the Change Management lot staffed by EA consulting bods, mostly, right? If it is the same lot, most of what they did was ensure I filled out the requests correctly and ticked all the boxes. They certainly didn't do much screening when I used them; I often got a phone call from the agent directly, and would get view of CVs pretty much simultaneously.

Things may have changed since then, though...it was 2011 when I was last there.
                It has changed since then. Your request goes to CMU, CMU put it out to Hyphen. Hyphen either provide CVs or put it to their partners or second tiers who provide CVs to CMU. CMU then filter CV's and back to hiring manager for interview/selection. It is possible to get CVs in via 'friendly' agents but you ultimately have to go through the process above at some point. Fell foul of this when trying to get tester analysts in that I knew and wanted. I could get the CVs I wanted but getting them via CMU (which would then allow you to hire) was the tricky bit :-) Was doable, but took a bit of 'manipulation'
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

LBG's HR dept don't screen contractors CVs let alone put anyone on any sort of 'barring list'
                  I can assure you, you're wrong.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    I can assure you, you're wrong.
                    +1

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      CMU is the cost approval board - for new roles you have to get approval at CMU - that covers contractors, additions to FTE as well as professional services.

There are a couple of hiring routes for contractors the mail one being GCMR that review CVs before passing to the hiring manager. The other routes are Reed and LTS.

GCMR cover the agencies like Sandersons, RZ Head etc....
                      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                      X