Big project on run by one of the PMs.
Anyway, hes asked me to work on a Saturday. Outline times are be on normal site at 6am (its 50 miles away), drive to other site (50 miles away) where its all planned to finish at 6pm earliest. Its then 50 miles home for me from there (like a triangle).

I did ask whether this needs to be authorized and, to be honest, he was a bit off with me. Sort of a why are you making it difficult JFDI attitude.... Hmmm.

Must admit I am tempted to clear it first with the senior guy who authorises the timesheets. Not being inflexible but if Im giving up 14-15 hours of my weekend it aint going to be done for free.

In terms of contract, I'm on Professional Day with minimum 7.5 hours with no extra if its more but they knock off hours pro rata if its less. (Not cool).

Appreciate getting to site initially is not their problem in terms of my time or travel expense but no mention has been made of travel expenses for the extra travel.

Any opinions on this?
Suck up and bill for just one PWD regardless if its 12 hours?
Suck up the extra travel or expense the extra 50 miles to them? (it'd be 100 miles round trip per day normally - this will be 150 miles)

Don't want to come across as a money grabbing git but probably would be a bit unhappy if I end up just getting a single PWD for this and end up shelling for my own travel. Especially since its a saturday and 6am start. (which means either a really early start for me or extra cost of friday night hotel stay).