• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flu jab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Thanks. I did just send her the link, so will see what she says. I'd just read that article, but never got as far as the comments

My arm hurts.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Its only £12 or something aint it?

Saving £2.40 ????
    Come to Yorkshire, only £9 and I got an extra discount on top too!

I put this in the more hassle than its worth expense category, if it means I get an extra billable day out of it its more than worth while!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Thanks for the link MS.

It's explained how a company gave me and all their workers a bottle of wine as an Xmas gift. Others have said a company can't do this tax free.
    Christmas turkey is a nice one as well, which I've done in the past.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Thanks for the link MS.

It's explained how a company gave me and all their workers a bottle of wine as an Xmas gift. Others have said a company can't do this tax free.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If it's a trivial benefit, then you can claim it without incurring a BIK. Point out to your accountant the specific HMRC manual which mentions is and see why she says differently. Worrying that they think differently, unless they have a clear reason why they are right and the HMRC manuals are wrong.

There is a post on Contractor Weekly from 2011 about it, where "someone" mentions it in the comments
    Thanks. I did just send her the link, so will see what she says. I'd just read that article, but never got as far as the comments

My arm hurts.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Yep, but just rang a bell as something the company could pay for, so why not?

But my accountant says it's BIK, so won't bother.

Although this link EIM21863 - Particular benefits: trivial benefits - examples uses it as an example of a 'trivial benefit', but no idea what that means.
    If it's a trivial benefit, then you can claim it without incurring a BIK. Point out to your accountant the specific HMRC manual which mentions is and see why she says differently. Worrying that they think differently, unless they have a clear reason why they are right and the HMRC manuals are wrong.

There is a post on Contractor Weekly from 2011 about it, where "someone" mentions it in the comments

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Saving £2.40 ????
    Yep, but just rang a bell as something the company could pay for, so why not?

But my accountant says it's BIK, so won't bother.

Although this link EIM21863 - Particular benefits: trivial benefits - examples uses it as an example of a 'trivial benefit', but no idea what that means.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Saving £2.40 ????

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    started a topic Flu jab

Flu jab

Had a flu jab today.

Something's vaguely ringing a bell that this can be put through as a business expense.

Is that right?

Oops - meant to post in accountancy!
    Last edited by mudskipper; 22 October 2014, 17:51.

Working...
X