• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muppet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Don't they have the right to stay there (as EU citizens who were here before 31st Dec have the right to stay in the UK)?
    Yes they have the right if they apply before 31st December, prove they have lived there for 5 years (just like EU nationals living in the UK) and some other requirements like having private healthcare, it looks like in the OPs example they couldn't prove all the requirements and their application was rejected

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Don't they have the right to stay there (as EU citizens who were here before 31st Dec have the right to stay in the UK)?
    It's a yes, but.

I did read up on it but have since forgotten the details.

I know, it's this kind of detailed insight that's needed round these parts. Happy to be of service.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

I think he meant illegal immigrants in Spain (Brits) moving back to the UK. I doubt they'll all be buying houses though because you can't swap a Spanish villa for much over here.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Free kebabs to police innit...
    Scum..

(That's you by the way for poisoning the police.)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I thought AtW was an illegal? But it is only a flat over a kebab shop, he's a bit of a let down compared to what his compatriots buy in Mayfair.
    Free kebabs to police innit...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Someone was on the gin early. Illegal immigrants buying houses is a new one on me.
    I thought AtW was an illegal? But it is only a flat over a kebab shop, he's a bit of a let down compared to what his compatriots buy in Mayfair.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    It's all a definite negative of Brexit though.

Previously, it was easy to move to France, Spain etc to retire or work. Now there are more obstacles.

Even having a 2nd home over there isn't as good as it used to be. As I understand it, you can only stay in the country for 90 days at a time.

Although I suppose a true brexiter would never stoop to going anywhere foreign.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied

Someone was on the gin early. Illegal immigrants buying houses is a new one on me.
    I think he meant illegal immigrants in Spain (Brits) moving back to the UK. I doubt they'll all be buying houses though because you can't swap a Spanish villa for much over here.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

How is your Cyprus villa going now?
    Better than the draft dodging?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    the Brexiteers mostly wanted rid of illegal immigrants.
    That's what they're getting.

Now they are coming over here to buy houses and be a drain on the NHS. And NOT EVEN WORK.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X