• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The times they are a changing..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

The EU will decide whether the UK gets its orders delivered, not Astra-Zeneca. The UK can do what it likes in the courts they don't have any jurisdiction over the EU anymore.
    You are a prize idiot. As soon as the EU starts seizing supplies and placing export bans on pharmaceutical companies, the courts are going to be very busy. In the long term, companies may choose to shift production to countries which won't tell them how to run their businesses and prevent them from meeting their contractual obligations.

You do realise that vaccine ingredients travel both ways, which is why even Pfizer have told the EU to stop being stupid, as they would have to halt production of their vaccine if supplies of vital ingredients (from a Yorkshire-based company) were affected.

It has taken this pandemic to show the EU for what it is. Fundamentally incompetent and ridiculously bureaucratic, and instead of knowing when to stop digging, they are about to exacerbate an international crisis which they have done more than anyone to cause.

(But at least they don't have blue passports.)
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

You are a prize idiot. As soon as the EU starts seizing supplies and placing export bans on pharmaceutical companies, the courts are going to be very busy. In the long term, companies may choose to shift production to countries which won't tell them how to run their businesses and prevent them from meeting their contractual obligations.

You do realise that vaccine ingredients travel both ways, which is why even Pfizer have told the EU to stop being stupid, as they would have to halt production of their vaccine if supplies of vital ingredients (from a Yorkshire-based company) were affected.

It has taken this pandemic to show the EU for what it is. Fundamentally incompetent and ridiculously bureaucratic, and instead of knowing when to stop digging, they are about to exacerbate an international crisis which they have done more than anyone to cause.

(But at least they don't have blue passports.)
      They already stopped a shipment of 250,000 to Australia. The UK will almost certainly get less. I would postpone your holiday.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

They already stopped a shipment of 250,000 to Australia. The UK will almost certainly get less. I would postpone your holiday.
        Well the more they do that the more likely AZ are to move from the EU and put their prices up. $20-40 a shot sounds about right. When supplies are short most sensible people don't kick the cheapest suppliers in the nuts. Going round seizing doses is not exactly legal.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Well the more they do that the more likely AZ are to move from the EU and put their prices up. $20-40 a shot sounds about right. When supplies are short most sensible people don't kick the cheapest suppliers in the nuts. Going round seizing doses is not exactly legal.
          Looks like they're negotiating with that nice Mr Putin for some of his Russian vaccine. I wonder how much he will charge (and I'm not just talking about the money) to get the EU out of the hole they've dug for themselves. Removal of all sanctions, anyone...?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...k-v-vaccine-eu
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Looks like they're negotiating with that nice Mr Putin for some of his Russian vaccine. I wonder how much he will charge (and I'm not just talking about the money) to get the EU out of the hole they've dug for themselves. Removal of all sanctions, anyone...?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...k-v-vaccine-eu
            'A man is known by the company he keeps'
            hmm.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X