• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The times they are a changing..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The reason why the EU vaccine roll out is so slow is because the UK have hogged all the vaccines. The EU has exported 20 million doses to the UK. The UK exported nothing.

Anyway it looks like they've seen the error of their ways and will be stopping those exports.
    Wrong and wrong. Astra Zeneca and Pfizer have moved (both ways) their products around their supply chains in order to fulfil orders placed by governments. The UK got their orders in first, months before the EU. If the EU wish to legally force companies which operate in their jurisdiction to fulfil their orders before others, best of luck to them, but legally they would be on very dodgy ground. The UK has committed to exporting surplus supplies once all UK citizens have been vaccinated, which is all they can do.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The reason why the EU vaccine roll out is so slow is because the UK have hogged all the vaccines. The EU has exported 20 million doses to the UK. The UK exported nothing.

Anyway it looks like they've seen the error of their ways and will be stopping those exports.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 25 March 2021, 23:36.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post

What group would that be then?
    ASEAN

Leave a comment:

• HoofHearted
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    the UK is better off in a free trade group that allows UK companies to freely trade with its closest neighbours.
    What group would that be then?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Just because you don't agree with our reasons doesn't mean we are biased.
    The bias is you never have anything positive to say about the EU. You only post bile. That's bias my friend.

Whereas most remainers will criticise the EU if it's wrong equally as much as the UK government. That's what you seem to struggle to understand - I'm not pro EU any more than I'm against it. It's just for me, on balance, the UK is better off in a free trade group that allows UK companies to freely trade with its closest neighbours.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Nope for some reason the UK made a complete horlicks of Covid we transferred the vulnerable between the hospital and care homes until we were sure we had infected everyone. We failed to lock down early but strangely we didn't have a health service overload like Italy and Greece etc.

Remainers Their decision to want to remain in a crumbling EU is because of the mess caused by Brexit? OK as you wish.

Brexiters have followed their decision to leave and others have joined them because brexit has been made more difficult by the EU.

Both have their reasons for decisions Brexiteers try to avoid calling you quislings and Lord Haw Haws yet you love to call us racists and xenophobes.

HTH BIDI
    But have others joined you? Excluding the don't knows, the difference is still 4% based on what you posted, which suggests the Uk is as divided now as it was in 2016.

Only you brexiters are seeing the EU crumbling, and that's just your wishful thinking. I agree they have made an absolute balls-up of the vaccine contracts and roll out, but despite this they still, as we debate, still have a less worse covid death rate compared to the UK. So, if you're only basing the EU 'crumbling' based on Covid, then the UK is worse off

Call me Lord Haw Haw if you like, it means nothing to no one. However, everyone can spot and understand what a racist and a xenophobe is

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Whilst I would agree our vaccine roll out has gone well, and the EU's is a shambles in comparison, I wouldn't go anywhere near trying to claim the UK has fought Covid effectively. And anyone who does is either lying, or a fool.

As for the poll, all it really shows is that the UK is as divided now as it was in 2016. Very few, if any, remainers have changed their minds due to the shambles surrounding brexit and let's face it, brexiters will never change their mind because of their inherent bias.

HTH
    Nope for some reason the UK made a complete horlicks of Covid we transferred the vulnerable between the hospital and care homes until we were sure we had infected everyone. We failed to lock down early but strangely we didn't have a health service overload like Italy and Greece etc.

Remainers Their decision to want to remain in a crumbling EU is because of the mess caused by Brexit? OK as you wish.

Brexiters have followed their decision to leave and others have joined them because brexit has been made more difficult by the EU.

Both have their reasons for decisions Brexiteers try to avoid calling you quislings and Lord Haw Haws yet you love to call us racists and xenophobes.

HTH BIDI

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    fifth think it has enabled UK to fight Covid more effectively
    Whilst I would agree our vaccine roll out has gone well, and the EU's is a shambles in comparison, I wouldn't go anywhere near trying to claim the UK has fought Covid effectively. And anyone who does is either lying, or a fool.

As for the poll, all it really shows is that the UK is as divided now as it was in 2016. Very few, if any, remainers have changed their minds due to the shambles surrounding brexit and let's face it, brexiters will never change their mind because of their inherent bias.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Anyway, humour aside, if the abstainers are considered to be the equivalent of don't knows, then back in 2016, the result was that 37.5% thought it a good idea, and 34.7% thought it not. So perhaps the poll indicates that the against has really changed, but now more don't knows think it was a good idea.

It would be interested to see how the figures evolved from when campaigning began to now.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's falling. It was 51.9% a few years ago.
    Nope that was a different question and if you do the math its 52.5% ignoring the dont knows.

What is it with these reamainers that they cant understand simple questions or maths?
    Last edited by vetran; 25 March 2021, 15:37.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X