• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'It's a CON!' Britons react with fury after Biden puts brakes on post-Brexit deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'It's a CON!' Britons react with fury after Biden puts brakes on post-Brexit deal

"BRITONS have reacted with fury after Joe Biden's new White House administration warned it would review post-Brexit trade deal negotiations with the UK.

Katherine Tai, President Biden's top trade nominee, slammed the brakes on the talks, pointing to a lot of “developments” since they began in 2018 and the priority of defeating the Covid-19 threat. She said there was a need to “review the discussions and the negotiations so far, in the light of all of these developments”.

But Washington's new position, reported by Express.co.uk, sparked outrage in the UK with many critics questioning the so-called "Special Relationship" between Britain and the US.

One furious Express.co.uk reader said: "Tell them to stick their trade deal where the sun doesn't shine!

"It's not a trade deal! It's a CON! We always end up giving more and receiving less and receiving inferior substandard goods. Plus being ripped off!"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...-katherine-tai

Defrauded Brexit voters seeing the light: they now know it was a (Tory) CON!

Time to throw US tea into the cold waters of La Manche!

Outrage and fury the express gammons really should be worried about their blood pressure

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Outrage and fury the express gammons really should be worried about their blood pressure
      They'll all be Ok again once 'spoonies re-opens and they can get their cheap early deal fry up with a pint
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Small hiccup. Just wait until the US realize the uk holds all the cards.

Comment

Wouldn't have happened under Trump.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Isn't UK going to join CPTPP, and possibly USA too? Problem solved.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's ok, we're back to besties again now

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-boeing-airbus

The White House has agreed to drop retaliatory US tariffs on UK exports including scotch whisky, raising hopes of a post-Brexit transatlantic trade deal.

In 2019, the then US president, Donald Trump, imposed a 25% tariff on a range of European Union exports, as part of a 16-year trade dispute over state support for aerospace rivals Boeing and Airbus.

Estimates released last month suggested the duty had led to a £500m dropoff in sales of Scottish single malt alone.

But the Department for International Trade (DIT) said on Thursday the Biden administration had ended the tariff. The move followed the UK scrapping punitive measures against Boeing in January.

Comment

CUK mangled the link

https://www.theguardian.com/business...h-us-joe-biden

so the UK has responded to Trumps move against the EU and their response, now Biden has followed through. Good stuff.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  CUK mangled the link

https://www.theguardian.com/business...h-us-joe-biden

so the UK has responded to Trumps move against the EU and their response, now Biden has followed through. Good stuff.
                  The copy/paste from the Grauniad app onto the web version of the forum was a challenge. I did mean to tidy it up but I got distracted by someone expecting me to earn my day rate...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    "BRITONS have reacted with fury after Joe Biden's new White House administration warned it would review post-Brexit trade deal negotiations with the UK.

Katherine Tai, President Biden's top trade nominee, slammed the brakes on the talks, pointing to a lot of “developments” since they began in 2018 and the priority of defeating the Covid-19 threat. She said there was a need to “review the discussions and the negotiations so far, in the light of all of these developments”.

But Washington's new position, reported by Express.co.uk, sparked outrage in the UK with many critics questioning the so-called "Special Relationship" between Britain and the US.

One furious Express.co.uk reader said: "Tell them to stick their trade deal where the sun doesn't shine!

"It's not a trade deal! It's a CON! We always end up giving more and receiving less and receiving inferior substandard goods. Plus being ripped off!"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...-katherine-tai

Defrauded Brexit voters seeing the light: they now know it was a (Tory) CON!

Time to throw US tea into the cold waters of La Manche!

You were looking forward to all that chlorinated chicken, and it's all been snatched away.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X