• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blue Passports are finally here! Huzzah!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Like my German - EU one then...
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Like my Dutch one already for 15 years
    Well done, would you both like a cookie?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Will it have jam on it?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I don't give a monkey's who prints the damn thing
        you will when it goes up in price due to tariffs
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          you will when it goes up in price due to tariffs
          I'm good till 2030 now, that can is kicked down the road a fair way.

I have a general issue with a charge for a passport. Whilst I get that costs needs to be covered, the problem comes in its almost ubiquitous use as an identity and right to live/work in the UK document. The charge presents a barrier at the poorer end of society who cannot afford to get one but need something official for identity purposes. Depending on the organisation you're dealing with, life can be very difficult if you don't have a passport/driving license. It could be solved with a identity card but we're totally anti those in the UK for the most part despite the fact they could prove very useful for lots of things if properly implemented (which we all know they wouldn't be).

Comment

I'm good till 2030 now, that can is kicked down the road a fair way.

I have a general issue with a charge for a passport. Whilst I get that costs needs to be covered, the problem comes in its almost ubiquitous use as an identity and right to live/work in the UK document. The charge presents a barrier at the poorer end of society who cannot afford to get one but need something official for identity purposes. Depending on the organisation you're dealing with, life can be very difficult if you don't have a passport/driving license. It could be solved with a identity card but we're totally anti those in the UK for the most part despite the fact they could prove very useful for lots of things if properly implemented (which we all know they wouldn't be).
            The poor will be deported to Australia under BoJo's deal
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              The poor will be deported to Australia under BoJo's deal
              I would love to be deported to Australia.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I've just received my new passport. Turnaround was really quick. I filled in the form online on 30 November and received it today. That includes them waiting for me to send my old passport back.

I'd say it looks smart. The dark blue looks almost black.

I really like the identification page. It's far more robust than the old one as it's fully plastic rather than coated paper.
                Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Like my German - EU one then...
                Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Like my Dutch one already for 15 years

One of my passports is like that, the other isn't. Can I have 2 cookies?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  One of my passports is like that, the other isn't. Can I have 2 cookies?
                  Me too, one is plastic covered paper, you can guess which one that is and the other is plastic. The one I bought from a bloke in a pub who said it was from Turkmenistan feels like cow hide but I don't use that one
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                  X