• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A second referendum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    So you're bitter about not working much in Europe, and reaping big revenues, so you voted out?
    Well I think he worked in the UK which is part of Europe. Until we can tow it out into the Atlantic....

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Well done you. I once had an opportunity to work in Germany, but I wasn't allowed to do so via a UK ltd. co, therefore the expenses made that scenario somewhat prohibitive. So I passed on "the wonderful opportunity". The only other time I was approached to work in Europe for an extended period was in France, and I would have had to pay a shedload of the daily to make sure the paperwork was all in proper and acceptable French. I didn't fancy the French tax rates either, but that's probably for a different discussion.
    So you're bitter about not working much in Europe, and reaping big revenues, so you voted out?

Leave a comment:

• CryingSheep
    replied
    We're still trying to work out which language you do actually speak. "English" is out of the question, obviously, because you're utterly incoherent, but I reckon "Albanian" might be your thing. Although for all the sense you don't make it might as well be klingon...
    You're almost right this time... That must be a first!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    I worked in a few European countries and not speaking the local language was never an issue... I guess you are the brainwashed one...
    We're still trying to work out which language you do actually speak. "English" is out of the question, obviously, because you're utterly incoherent, but I reckon "Albanian" might be your thing. Although for all the sense you don't make it might as well be klingon...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    You are so grossly out of touch with reality. You could easily class me as a selfish old fart but I am a remainer as are my friends who are also the selfish old farts and remainers (one who also died last year, he was ex-army and a strong remainer).

I have worked in 14 EU countries all of which had either English as the working language or at least English as a second language. Even if a business is not international, they often choose to work in English to avoid local conflicts in multi-language countries. Eg, Belgium and Switzerland. Many other small businesses are quite happy to communicate English to their workers. The only country that excluded me from contracting with them due to not knowing the local language is Wales. A welsh council stipulated that the IT staff must be welsh speakers.
    Well done you. I once had an opportunity to work in Germany, but I wasn't allowed to do so via a UK ltd. co, therefore the expenses made that scenario somewhat prohibitive. So I passed on "the wonderful opportunity". The only other time I was approached to work in Europe for an extended period was in France, and I would have had to pay a shedload of the daily to make sure the paperwork was all in proper and acceptable French. I didn't fancy the French tax rates either, but that's probably for a different discussion.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Cymru am byth!

Where was that located then?

Seeing that the rates are generally crap, like.
    Welsh councils have a reputation for racism and mafia like recruitment policies.

Which would explain why they are even more inefficient than English councils.

They are however clever enough not to get caught.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Really?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Nope, no second referendum. The UK electorate have voted and now the will of the people must be done regardless of the outcome.
    The only way to kill off Brexit once and for all is to let them have their hard crash out Brexit. Once the idiots who voted for it realise that we were better off inside the EU, we can beg to go back in (on equal terms with everyone else) and start to get on with our lives again. Canceling Brexit now will just give the likes of Farage a platform to spout their lies from forever more.

Let's have a hard Brexit on 31st Oct

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The only country that excluded me from contracting with them due to not knowing the local language is Wales. A welsh council stipulated that the IT staff must be welsh speakers.
    Cymru am byth!

Where was that located then?

Seeing that the rates are generally crap, like.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The established norm for a referendum is once every 40 years approx.
    False

What’s established is that large Constitutional changes require more than simple majority, 2/3 is sensible norm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X