• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May gave the EU all it could have hoped for....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theresa May gave the EU all it could have hoped for....

Theresa May gave the EU all it could have hoped for – now it risks losing everything

Funny isn't it. The EU seem to be great at everything except reading the mood of the British public. I bet they're still wondering why Mrs. May had to resign in such humiliating circumstances.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Funny isn't it. The EU seem to be great at everything except reading the mood of the British public. I bet they're still wondering why Mrs. May had to resign in such humiliating circumstances.
      The mood of the British public is that 23% want a no deal Brexit.

Do you favour leaving the EU with no deal, leaving the EU with Theresa May’s Deal, leaving the EU but remaining in the Single Market/Customs Union, or remaining in the EU / revoking Article 50?

They know that, and will continue to turn the thumb screws.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Well they didn't ask me, so the only hope they have is that the MPs can really stop Brexit. That's what's known as "hanging your hat on a last resort". This is about to get interesting.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Well they didn't ask me, so the only hope they have is that the MPs can really stop Brexit. That's what's known as "hanging your hat on a last resort". This is about to get interesting.
          It doesn't simply stop when the UK drops out of the EU, the negotiations will go on...

....and on

The EU isn't trying to stop Brexit they're just laying out the conditions for a trade deal.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

What’s the mood of the public, then? To leave? You’ve had every chance, but keep tripping yourselves up about the how.

Funny old world, if you’d signed the WA you’d have left by now. And if you were still keen on No Deal after signing the WA and leaving, you could just walk away from the WA (after all, if you’re prepared to walk away from the GFA then it wouldn’t really matter if you walked away from the WA after signing).

It seems, though, that the public mood is to leave but with all the sunlit uplands you were promised. And that’s not the fault of the EU.

Comment

Nor me.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Well they didn't ask me
                Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Nor me.
                That doesn’t sound very democratic.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  That doesn’t sound very democratic.
                  Considering the following...

Field work dates:4 April 2019 - 8 April 2019
                  Data from:Great Britain
                  Pollster - Kantar
                  Funder - Unknown funder or self-funded
                  Data collection mode Online
                  Sample Size 1172
                  Age 18+
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Considering the following...

Field work dates:4 April 2019 - 8 April 2019
                    Data from:Great Britain
                    Pollster - Kantar
                    Funder - Unknown funder or self-funded
                    Data collection mode Online
                    Sample Size 1172
                    Age 18+
                    Looks like an ONS sample size ;-)

Comment