• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rats and Sinking Ships?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rats and Sinking Ships?

Or politicians with principles?

Tory leadership race: Alan Duncan resigns as minister - BBC News

Sir Alan Duncan has quit as a foreign office minister in protest against a possible Boris Johnson victory in the Conservative leadership race.

In his resignation letter, Sir Alan described Brexit as "a dark cloud".

Chancellor Philip Hammond and Justice Secretary David Gauke have already said they intend to resign if he wins.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

and then BloJo will offer the job of chancellor to Smogg.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      and then BloJo will offer the job of chancellor to Smogg.
      Smogg won't take it. He prefers to be outside the tent peeing in. No way he wants to be too closely associated with the Bojo shoot-storm that is about to hit
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Smogg won't take it. He prefers to be outside the tent peeing in. No way he wants to be too closely associated with the Bojo shoot-storm that he helped to create
        FTFY
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          He was going to be sacked anyway. Even losers deserve some dignity, and I think Sir Alan Duncan deserves to go with dignity.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Smogg won't take it. He prefers to be outside the tent peeing in. No way he wants to be too closely associated with the Bojo shoot-storm that is about to hit
            I'd far rather have a successful investment manager in charge of the economy than a numpty who can't wipe his own backside without having to ask Brussels which way the paper should be folded.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Brexiter Jacob Rees-Mogg’s lacklustre record as a fund manager
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

I don't pay for the pink* so I have to assume that either they are slagging him off because he's a Brexit supporter, or his fund performance record isn't quite as good as some.

*And I'd like to think no-one pays for the pink, but some have no choice...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  I'd far rather have a successful investment manager in charge of the economy than a numpty who can't wipe his own backside without having to ask Brussels which way the paper should be folded.
                  Best of all would be a compulsive liar who convinces cretins that the EU was banning prawn cocktail crisps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    I don't pay for the pink* so I have to assume that either they are slagging him off because he's a Brexit supporter, or his fund performance record isn't quite as good as some.

*And I'd like to think no-one pays for the pink, but some have no choice...

No, they're slagging him off for being bad at his previous job. You really suffer from victim mentality, don't you?

Jacob Rees-Mogg took cautious approach as fund manager | News | The Times
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X