• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Steel seeks government loan for 'Brexit issues'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The people voted for uncertainty. Brexit is killing the UK. It must be ended.
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      FTFY
      Thats right. There were 2 options. Remain and uncertainty. I ticked uncertainty.

Though the correct question should have been "Do you want to give DC a kicking". With options "yes" and "fook yes".

Comment

Thats right. There were 2 options. Remain and uncertainty. I ticked uncertainty.

Though the correct question should have been "Do you want to give DC a kicking". With options "yes" and "fook yes".
        You missed off the third option "Where's the queue?" followed by "Is that really how long the queue is?"

Comment

Though the correct question should have been "Do you want to give DC a kicking". With options "yes (I'm a cretin)" and "yes, unless it means screwing up the country (I'm either not a cretin, or I'm a Thistle Hotel Heathrow resident)".
          FTFY

Comment

Potentially a few hours from administration now

British Steel on verge of administration - BBC News

#NothingToDoWithBrexit

Comment

'In April, British Steel borrowed £100m from the government to enable it to pay an EU carbon bill, so it could avoid a steep fine.'

Nothing to do with the EU either.

But actually £75 Million is pretty much peanuts what I see is the backing company looking to pull out and make a buck and use brexit as an excuse for personal greed.

Not got a great track record have they

Greybull Capital - Wikipedia

Comment

The easiest thing would be to exit the EU on October 31st, simply let industry close down, declare year zero and transfer everyone on to collective farms.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  The easiest thing would be to exit the EU on October 31st, simply let industry close down, declare year zero and transfer everyone on to collective farms.
                  With Comrade Corbyn at the helm this is what might happen. And everyone will get a free Huawei mobile

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    With Comrade Corbyn at the helm this is what might happen. And everyone will get a free Huawei mobile
                    More Project Fear. Tut tut.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      #NothingToDoWithBrexit
                      On R4 probably yesterday, the union guy was complaining about cheap Chinese steel. So this is definitely nothing to do with Brexit, it's just a smokescreen for a number of poor decisions over several years.

Comment

Working...
                      X