• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ayes to the right 286 Noes to the left 344

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May lost again
    Next week next chance
    FFS

Next step is to break the WA down into sections and hold debates and a vote on each one.

And if that fails, then down to paragraphs....

Anything but actually talking to Parliament about what the indicative votes mean and what it will take to reach a compromise position.

Comment

This is brutal! I voted remain but I'm at a point now I just want brexit to happen so we can move on.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
        This is brutal! I voted remain but I'm at a point now I just want brexit to happen so we can move on.
        You do realise that the number one way to guarantee that we talk of nothing but Brexit for the next 20 years is to pass May's rancid deal? Then you need the legislation (multiple votes, vastly more contentious than the WA). Trade deals -- the chlorinated chicken scandal is just a preview.

Very good that this was defeated, or we'd be heading for no deal with no possibility of extension.

Comment

Another defeat for May; at this point she should have the decency of resign today.

Once again, UK incapable of making up their mind. I suppose it's time for the EU to pull the plug and put the foot down: no more discussions, no more extensions....UK out on April 12 no matter what.

Comment

It's looking like a GE.

Labour is inching forward week by week in the polls, now neck and neck. A "Labour Brexit" is becoming increasingly likely. The Tories may end up tearing themselves apart.

be afraid
            .....be very afraid

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Next step is to break the WA down into sections and hold debates and a vote on each one.

And if that fails, then down to paragraphs....

Anything but actually talking to Parliament about what the indicative votes mean and what it will take to reach a compromise position.
              Sounds like Agile has made its way into parliament

This is exactly how one of my clients worked when they couldn't get everything in one sprint, break it up in more phases, sub sprints and chunks (literally the term they used)

Comment

Originally posted by MattZani View Post
                Another defeat for May; at this point she should have the decency of resign today.

Once again, UK incapable of making up their mind. I suppose it's time for the EU to pull the plug and put the foot down: no more discussions, no more extensions....UK out on April 12 no matter what.
                This is not going to happen. That's why all the Brexiters finally voted for May's deal. They know that the alternative is a long extension, EU elections, and with a bit of luck Brexit dies like the rabid dog it is.

Comment

Time for another referendum just to make sure all this shambles is chasing what the public actually want now the Syrian refugee thing has gone away and people know a bit more?
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    It's looking like a GE.

Labour is inching forward week by week in the polls, now neck and neck. A "Labour Brexit" is becoming increasingly likely. The Tories may end up tearing themselves apart.

be afraid
                    .....be very afraid

Labour is staying the same for the last couple of weeks in the polls, Cons are slightly losing, but still bigger then Lab. UKIP are rising at the moment
                    Poll of Polls - United Kingdom - House of Commons (British Parliament)

Comment

Working...
                    X